Did someone edit my post?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Vessel Name
Alzero
Vessel Make
Hatteras 63' CPMY
Did a moderator edit my post about people refusing to wear masks? I had a link to an abstract in Science magazine, suggested that everyone wear masks and that those who did not were demonstrating their values and should be avoided for health and peace of mind. It was this last part that disappeared.

How is this contraversial? It is a CDC recommendation to wear a mask to protect yourself from others and others from you in case you are infected. Avoiding those without masks is good for your own health and for your peace of mind. Those who refuse to wear masks are publicly displaying their own personal beliefs and values, just as those who wear them are.

I don’t get it......? I realize there is no first amendment right in a commercial forum, but it would have been courteous to at least let me know in a private message.

Last edited:
From forum rules.....

"Public discussion about moderation or moderator decisions is not allowed. If a moderator deletes or edits one of your posts and you disagree with the action, contact the moderator concerned. Do not repost deleted material."

How do I determine who the moderator is?

Oops! My mistake, I was looking at a second post and not the first post I made: there was no editing of any sort. My bad and I apologize for going off 1/2 cocked....

Last edited:
Larry and the boys will be right over...

I know where you're coming from. I was having a beer the other day and made a well informed and witty post. When I came back the next day someone modified it to a bunch of silly rambling with poor grammar.

Yah, that's what happened...

I know where you're coming from. I was having a beer the other day and made a well informed and witty post. When I came back the next day someone modified it to a bunch of silly rambling with poor grammar.

I know! me two!

"A" beer?

I posted on another forum last night how the cops had "Left the bldg." in Minneapolis with accompanying news video. It got pulled and sent to no mans land. Too controversial I guess.

How do I determine who the moderator is?

Oops! My mistake, I was looking at a second post and not the first post I made: there was no editing of any sort. My bad and I apologize for going off 1/2 cocked....

:socool::eek::facepalm::D

In the business, we call that PUI...Posting Under the Influence.

If you desire to remain within the rules, just hit that little red triangle thingy in the corner (even if you're still under the influence...it's a dexterity test!) to report the suspect post with your comments to the Site Team. After we finish laughing at your comments, you'll get a nice note back that everything has been taken care of. Posting in the forum about our "special skills" is strictly verbotten! Careful...we have some other special skills that we like to dust off every once in a while for repeat offenders.

That's all I'm allowed to say in public. The sources and methods of the operation remain highly classified. You'll just have to trust us.

Have a nice day on TrawlerForum!

It pwobably wuz a bweer, followed by a ciple a ruma cokes and den a bittle of red vine.

And the best means of communicating with moderators in the event of something like that really happening would be to use the report button on your own post and ask your question in comments.

You know in ten odd years I have never noticed the red button.

What's the blue round thing next to it?

Edit: hang on mine's green.

For those on the "East Coast" this is what it looks like. It tastes as good as it looks.

YUM YUM

Attachments

• AMBER-Bottle-and-Pint-and-Can.jpg
    AMBER-Bottle-and-Pint-and-Can.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 28
The only time beer is worth the water to make it is after pushing a mower all over the yard in Florida summer weather, and then it doesn't matter what beer it is because the first one is gone almost before it is opened. However, having sold my mower in 1990.....

You know in ten odd years I have never noticed the red button.

What's the blue round thing next to it?

Edit: hang on mine's green.

It's like the flag over Buckingham Palace - it means you're home!

The only time beer is worth the water to make it is after pushing a mower all over the yard in Florida summer weather, and then it doesn't matter what beer it is because the first one is gone almost before it is opened. However, having sold my mower in 1990.....

Now I am not on board with that.

We used to make up a shandy after yard work back in Ireland. But now I stick a couple of Yuenglings in the freezer for twenty minutes after working up a thirst.

For you west of the Mississippi here's what it looks like. 191 years young.

Attachments

• Yuengling.jpg
    Yuengling.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Historically, if I had a glass of wine, I would lose most of my “good judgement.” Two glasses of wine, I am prone to dancing on the table. 3 glasses of wine, I’m dancing naked on the table.
Recently, I have noted, one glass of wine, I am going to bed. 2 glasses of wine, if I am lucky, I am knee walking to bed.... or sometimes going to bed like a snake.... resting half in bed waiting for the strength to get all the way into bed, rolling face up ...... before completing the ‘passing out’ maneuver. I am just no fun at all. So you folks can drink all you can afford and I will be content with coffee, canned milk and sugar. Even with that, I don’t make a good designated driver because I have to make a pit stop ever 100 yards.

Drink one, drop one, throw one.....

Now I am not on board with that.

We used to make up a shandy after yard work back in Ireland. But now I stick a couple of Yuenglings in the freezer for twenty minutes after working up a thirst.

For you west of the Mississippi here's what it looks like. 191 years young.

I learned to tolerate a beer with a floater of ginger ale or seven-up on top in the British seaman's club on the waterfront of Hong Kong. Think the Brits there called it beer with tops. It was fine after a hot day of trudging the streets on a shopping spree, getting those cheap handmade shoes and a custom suit in a couple of days. Otherwise I hate beer. Rum for my men, beer for my horses.

Called a lager top.

Less soda than a shandy which is more of less fifty-fifty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom