Offshore 54

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jsbraga

Vessel Name
Adrift at Last
Vessel Make
Selene 53
I have sold my Selene 53 and am considering a Offhore 54’ circa 2003. Any comments are appreciated. I’m looking for recommendations to resolve what I consider as a step down in quality. The Offshore does offer twin CAT’s which will give 18+ knots when needed. Will I ever use that extra speed? Don’t know since I hate the rate of fuel burn that goes with that luxury.

Was there something missing in the Selene that you're hoping to find in a new boat?

Greg.

Something Missing

Not really. I had it painted, installed a hardtop and just basically made it better looking. Then a broker called after hearing what I had done and asked me if I wanted to sell. He had a buyer in the wings. The draft was my only real issue living here on the Florida west coast.

We looked a lot at those boats and really liked them. I do not think you are going back in quality one bit. The one thing I didn't care for was the Fleming 55 type low headroom engine room, as nicely laid out as it is. Ann didn't care for the galley up arrangement. Beyond that, for us, a very nice boat.

I have been out on an Offshore 62 in some medium chop and swell and though the boat rode and handled extremely well.

Offshore Ride

I will agree to the ride quality. It handled very well in very choppy/stormy seas off Ft. Lauderdale this past Tuesday. Thank you for the overall good response and I will keep it all in mind. :)

If you're seriously considering an Offshore 54, similar boats to look at in that size and power range include OAs and Hamptons. There are others.

Yes, I would consider the OA's but not sure about the Hamptons. Thanks for your input. :)

Back
Top Bottom