Symbol Yachts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Symbol Yachts have a good reputation. They are not built to cross oceans and shouldn’t be compared to such boats. They were built to fill the same niche as a Californian and the quality is similar.

I have friends who recently sold their Ocean Alexander 43 and bought a Symbol 50. They are VERY happy with it and cruise from Puget Sound to Hadia Gwaii.

Last year we bought a 2006 Symbol 45 in Baltimore, cruised it to Fort Lauderdale, loaded it on a yacht carrier which carried it thru the Panama Canal and up the west coast to Victoria on Vancouver Island. From there we cruised it down thru the Canadian Gulf Islands and the San Juan Islands (both cruising heaven). Our home Port is Edmonds WA, about 15 miles north of Seattle.
The Symbol is a “fast pilot house trawler” powered by twin Yanmar 440s. Cruises at 8-14 knots and will go 18 wot. It’s a two stateroom, two head work of art with incredibly beautiful woodwork. She was built in the same yards that built Ocean Alexanders and other fine yachts. She is the third boat for us in the last four years and we are still looking for the perfect boat.
Right now she’s for sale ($450,000) with newly expanded battery bank, inverter, battery monitor and galvanic isolator.
I’ll post the Yacht World listing as soon as it is available if it lasts that long (two showings in one day by just word of mouth).
If anyone is interested, you can private message me.

When I did my refit the dual Racors came without the heatshields. The yard suggested we add them (easy to do I believe) but did not push it, Two surveys since the refit and the lack of the heatshields has not been noted or commented on either time. Yes, I know the ABYC calls for them, but no big deal IMO.

Back
Top Bottom