First Contact from Australia IG32' 1986

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SimonBryan

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Monesk
Vessel Make
Island Gypsy 32
Are there still any IG owners on here? Seems a bit quiet. We have a 32' IG 1986. I believe it was made in China then originally sent to Florida and imported to Australia around the time of the GFC. It was named 'Mr Sea II' when we purchased, but who has a male boat? We renamed it to 'Monesk' which is a mixture of our names (we had the same name on the Whitley 770 Crusier we owned prior to this one.

Simon,
We have a 30’ Willard w a male name.
When we were looking at boats we had about 5-6 boats we talked about frequently. Some were just like the GB 32 or the blue Albin ect. But the 30’ Willard just got called Willy. Can’t remember exactly why but the name stuck. We bought the boat and after 1-2 months we were still calling her Willy.
We didn’t have much luck naming our previous boat so the naming got kicked further down the road. Eventually so much time went by we thought it was stupid to talk about naming her (she is a girl) so we finally fully accepted her as Willy.

Welcome Aboard Simon. Yes there are IG owners, AndyG`s 36 is berthed at RMYC, Brisyboy in Qld. has a 36. My 36 is for sale in Sydney. Apologies for those I overlooked, there are owners overseas as well. A "trawl" through old threads will be rewarding.

Welcome aboard. Congrats on your new boat.
Hi Comodave, we have had the boat for a number of years now. We were at RMYC Pittwater for mnay years, then we retired and moved to a Maritime mooring in Refuge Cove and have just moved back near the RMYC on a Maritime mooring.
Finally have some time to get it back into top shape.

We are also near RMYC northern end of Horseshoe Cove.

We IGs are scattered all over.

Hello Simon,

Yes, there are a few of us around. Our IG36, Sarawana is on B arm at the club. We have had a boat there for about 22 years. Twelve years for the IG and eight years before that with a Clipper 34.

The IG 32 is a great model, a lot of boat for the size. They are pretty sought after so worth looking after and bringing up to scratch. There is a good looking 32' off the club slipway, it's been around for quite a while.Blue canvas infills, looks good, it gives the impression of extra length.

Good luck with the renovations, I will keep an eye out for you.

Are there still any IG owners on here? Seems a bit quiet.

Actually we are in mourning, one of our stalwart IG members lost all sense and bought a distant cousin, lured away by Smooth Perkin engines,with no teak to love.

Still, as he has not sold his beloved IG yet, maybe there is still hope. :D

Are there still any IG owners on here? Seems a bit quiet.

1. Actually we are in mourning, one of our stalwart IG members lost all sense and bought a distant cousin, lured away by Smooth Perkin engines,with no teak to love.

2. Still, as he has not sold his beloved IG yet, maybe there is still hope. :D
Thanks Andy. There`s a lot of Halvorsen/IG in Sojourn. I don`t feel like a deserter. Jiang Hua built a lot of IGs and Halvorsens.
1. Not Perkins,Cummins 6BTs, 5.9L, 210hp. Baby of the range,turbo but no aftercooler.
2. Listed with Andrew Storey at Cottage Point(KMYC).2270 hrs on the Lehmans. Negotiable....

Back
Top Bottom