Roll-on Dingy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JimW

Vessel Name
CLASSEA
Vessel Make
1988 Defever 41
Ready to secure my dinghy to the swim platform . . . The platform is 48” long and we use it as the main access to the boat as we are on a floating dock. We have a Walker Bay fiberglass RIB with a 15HP Yamaha and are interested in the DinghyRamp[emoji769] XL
Roll-On Boat Lift, which would allow the dinghy to take a portion of the swim platform, but have not seen many reviews . . . anyone using this product or suggestions?

Standing By-
JimW
DeFever 41

We use a Seawise davit system for a similar dinghy. It does not block the swim grid even with the dinghy on the boat, but you do have to exit the swim grid on one side only. We dock almost exclusively starboard side tie, so the column is mounted on the port side of the swim grid leaving the starboard side completely open. The dinghy is mounted on it's side eliminating any rain water filling. They come in manual or motorized. Ours is manual, and it is easy and takes only about a minute to launch and retrieve. Our boat came with it, but I understand, like a lot of boat items, it is not cheap.

We are happy with ours.
Good luck

With that system you have to lift the dinghy yourself (or drag it up a ramp). When I saw it, I thought the dinghy would have to be light or I'd have to be strong. A Walker bay with a 15HP doesn't seem to be particularly light. Are you particularly strong? It'd be good to find someone to demo it with a similar weight dinghy before you commit. Have you looked at the Dinghy Caddy type system?

I have a Hurley H2O system....easy to load by hand...but I use a winch on my boom to make it mindlessly easy with a remote control to the winch.

It does block the swim platform somewhat, but it is so easy to slide around, I make do.

Attachments

• h2o-davit-display-1.jpg
    h2o-davit-display-1.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 24

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom