Old 05-24-2012, 06:43 AM   #30
BaltimoreLurker
Curmudgeon

City: Stoney Creek, MD
Vessel Name: Moon Dance
Vessel Model: 1974 34' Marine Trader Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marin View Post
Lurker--- I assume that's a coal fired plant across the way from the conveyors going all over the place.

I've always been a big fan of Chuck Darwin and I think his survival of the fittest thing is right on. The downside is that the unfit continue to live among us while they tread water waiting to evolve into nothingness so we have to put up with them. The silver lining is that the unfit do eventually go away.
Yup, coal fired. Barges bring coal in nearly every day. Maybe every day, but I don't see them because the plant is on the opposite side of the peninsula from my house. I walk the hound on the boardwalk every morning and do occasionally get to see the tugs moving the barges around. Another cool feature is that across the Patapsco is the Sparrows Point steel plant. If I'm lucky when I'm out with the dog in the pre-dawn I see the horizion light up when they do a pour of the molten steel. Very impressive. It's a fireworks display from a few miles away - I can only imagine how awesome that is up close.

The problem with the lowlifes and Darwin is that the lowlifes have a tendency to reproduce at an alarming rate.
BaltimoreLurker is offline   Reply With Quote