Need help to identify who makes this hydraulic ram

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dkk3000

Veteran Member
Vessel Make
1987 Grand Banks 36 Classi
Can anybody tell me who makes this auto pilot hydraulic ram, there’s no markings on it. And also I need to find out who rebuilds them or who sells the seal kit.

Attachments

• E2FC559E-923D-4579-8803-13456FBF5046.jpeg
    E2FC559E-923D-4579-8803-13456FBF5046.jpeg
    46.2 KB · Views: 219
It will use “generic” seals. Take it apart. I have no idea where your shops are but we have Wriason Seals here, just go in and the smart guys behind the counter can fix you up.

I’m located in Clearwater Florida

How about Hercules Seals or Clearwater hydraulics? Those are just two in Clearwater.

I like using my index and second finger when I Google things.

Any hydraulic shop should be able to rebuild it.

Greetings,
Mr. X. Just curious, my friend, does the subject you're googling determine WHICH of those two digits you will use OR is it more luck of the draw?

200w.webp

Very prescient question, RT! The fingers change depending upon whether I think I’m wasting my time or not. Usually I get my most interesting responses when I’ve discovered that I did waste some and have subsequently been a bit rude, but usually that occurs somewhere later in the thread, when I can detect the sound of laptops slamming closed across the land.

For this one, I used second fingers.

RT, I detect a kindred spirit wafting over the ‘net. �� That makes me happy!

OK thanks everyone, I’m going to take it down Tuesday and see what they say at the hydraulic shop. Any idea of when I should expect to pay

This sounds like a “crying in your beer” opportunity. Too bad we’re on opposite sides of some border. Stay safe (Trudoh has banned “assault-style” weapons so I feel very safe myself now).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom