SIMRAD upgrade, two quick questions.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PJHoffnet

Vessel Name
Changes in L'Attitudes
Vessel Make
1999 Maxum 4100 SCA (not a trawler)
Getting ready to replace my old (~2012) NSS12 with a NSS12 evo3. I plan to continue using my Platinum+ Navionics chart card in the new unit, and the just the 'stock' Insight built in chart set on the old unit (unless I fall in love with the C-Map Reveal chart card that will come as a 'rebate' with the new unit, then the old unit will keep the Navionics).

Q1) Has anyone used an old NSS12 as a remote/or slave to the new unit?

Q2) With respect to doing updates to the Navionics card, do I need to do anything other than change the plotter type in the Daily Updates (Navionics Freshest Data) program that runs on the PC when I stick my card into the card reader.

I sent in a help request to both SIMRAD and Navionics with these questions a little over a week ago, and have heard nothing back.

Getting ready to replace my old (~2012) NSS12 with a NSS12 evo3. I plan to continue using my Platinum+ Navionics chart card in the new unit, and the just the 'stock' Insight built in chart set on the old unit (unless I fall in love with the C-Map Reveal chart card that will come as a 'rebate' with the new unit, then the old unit will keep the Navionics).

Q1) Has anyone used an old NSS12 as a remote/or slave to the new unit?

Q2) With respect to doing updates to the Navionics card, do I need to do anything other than change the plotter type in the Daily Updates (Navionics Freshest Data) program that runs on the PC when I stick my card into the card reader.

I sent in a help request to both SIMRAD and Navionics with these questions a little over a week ago, and have heard nothing back.
I, too, went from an evo2 to an evo3, same Navionics card as you. Updating is exactly the same. As for using the evo2 box, I can see no reason why it would not work. Call Simrad to confirm. Call rather than email.

Thanks

Call Simrad to confirm. Call rather than email.

Good point about calling rather than emailing.

I'll probably install the new unit and then come back to figure out the 're-purpose' of the old unit. Right now real estate at the helm is the issue. I have no available space to do a flush install. I'm afraid the only solution might be to bracket mount the unit above the helm. Not really a fan of that idea - I'll have to modify my helm cover and then there's the whole issue of drilling holes for the mount and cable runs. Project for a later date after pondering it I'm sure.

If you remember, please post your findings. I have an older ns2 MFD that I'd like to use as a repeater in an Ns3 setup that I am installing soon

Absolutely ...

If you remember, please post your findings. I have an older ns2 MFD that I'd like to use as a repeater in an Ns3 setup that I am installing soon

I certainly shall.

I'm not tearing into things until Thursday - will be out on the water for the Crew Dragon launch Wednesday and don't want to get underway with things still torn apart if I don't get done on time.

Back
Top Bottom