Old 05-21-2012, 07:30 PM   #27
psneeld
Guru

City: Ft Pierce
Vessel Name: Sold
Vessel Model: Was an Albin/PSN 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoF1 View Post
It's not a slippery slope. Just because you can use a garden hose for this doesn't mean that EVERYTHING can be crossed over. That was why I said it that way. There are sometimes legit reasons for marine certified things like wiring. This is not one of them... At least I wouldn't suspect it. I've not seen it.

Come to think of it, I don't have a marine grade mattress, sofa, or pots and pans either. Also, my batteries are for a golf cart. You think I need to upgrade them?
The difference is some of us KNOW what's crossing the line and OBVIOUSLY others don't....they rely on West Marine advisor for products and proceedures and always recommend "have an expert do it" when someone asks how to do something...and if it's not good enough for their boat...it's no good.

Might as well just read boating mags... I think forums are for better ways of doing stuff, or even just OK ways, altenative products and proceedures just as much as what's the tied and true way....otherwise read a marine book or your manual...how boring
psneeld is online now   Reply With Quote