How do I

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Unclematt

Vessel Name
Seaview
Vessel Make
Sundowner 32
I am trying to get pictures from my i phone and get them into a TF post on my laptop. Please give me some advice. I am trying to get them to Peggy the head mistress. Thanks: :confused:

If you don't have a lightning plug to USB connector, you could email the photos to yourself and pick them up on the laptop. Or log on to TF with your iPhone (straight or app).

you could email the photos to yourself and pick them up on the laptop.

I've been quite successful with this low-tech method. Not just in this application.

Last edited:
I am trying to get pictures from my i phone and get them into a TF post on my laptop. Please give me some advice. I am trying to get them to Peggy the head mistress. Thanks: :confused:

Hello, and welcome Uncle Matt. To your problem.
You need to have access to iCloud, which is usual with most folk using Mac stuff. That means any photos taken on your iPhone will transfer automatically, once you have a secure iNet connection, to your iPad and laptop, which I am assuming is a MacBook of some kind.

If you don't yet have iCloud set up, then email the pics you want to upload to yourself, then when they appear in the email, transfer them to your photos section in the laptop by clicking on the wee, initially invisible, dropdown menu in the email header to right of the contact details part, and select the 'Move to Photos' option.

Once they are in your photos area, they are then accessible to upload.
Make sure you select 'advanced' for your post, not the 'Quick reply' option, type in what you want to say, including the description of the photos, then go down to the area where there is a button called 'Manage Attachments'. in the 'Attach Files' section.

Click on that, then, from the window that pops up, click on the top 'Choose file' button, browse to the photo in the photos section of your laptop, select the photo, then click on 'Choose', and it will then be added to the 'Choose file' screen as a JPeg. You then repeat that process for your required pics - remember not too many at a time.

Then, click on the 'Upload' button beneath that list, and wait until that has happened. There's usually some indication of this. In Macs, there is a blue line that moves across the top, then disappears.

Then close that screen, and you will be back to the original 'Manage attachments' screen, but you'll then see the list of photos, now as jPEGs, you've uploaded. Go down to the 'Save Changes' button below that and select that, and hopefully, Bob's your uncle, the pics will appear. �� :)

PS. I'll now add a couple of pics I took recently of kangaroos outside our house, when they come to eat off my lawn, just to make sure I've not put you wrong...yep, that worked...

Attachments

• 2A7EE2BD-2476-4D00-BE7C-212FB4E077BB.jpg
    2A7EE2BD-2476-4D00-BE7C-212FB4E077BB.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 18
  • C6C364E9-F81B-4748-B790-4485833BDAC0.jpg
    C6C364E9-F81B-4748-B790-4485833BDAC0.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Nice photo of the kangaroos. We only have deer and rabbits.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom