Integrity 386(2005)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BruceK

Moderator Emeritus
Vessel Name
Sojourn
Vessel Make
Integrity 386
After 3 years searching we settled on a 2005 Integrity 386. The hull is based on the old(unsold) Island Gypsy 36/ Halvorsen moulds. The extra 2ft 6" is from incorporating the swimstep into the hull, generally the boat resembles the IG36 it is based on. The interior is redesigned, updated, and way more accommodating. The bow cabin is generous, there is a 2 bunk second cabin(or cupboard) Unlike most current Integrity models, it has a flybridge. There is almost no exterior teak.

Power is 2 210hp Cummins BTs with 698 hours at survey, genset is an Onan 7KW EQD with 135 hours recorded. The engine room is more spacious than the big brother Integrity 426(think IG40) we didn`t buy. There is a bowthruster. Near 80 hours were added by the delivery guys who brought it up from Melbourne over 6 days at a stately 8.75 knots. They took refuge from the weather twice and say it handled rough conditions well.Carries 750L of fuel and 750L of water.

Previously a Sydney boat ("Joy of Kathryn"),it was sold to Melbourne,now back in Sydney.There are things to correct over time but nothing vital.We will probably keep the current name.

Still looking forward to our first cruise, waiting on restrictions easing.
I tried attaching some pics, from the same file as the new avatar, but they were "invalid".

Last edited:
Congrats on your new boat. Looking forward to seeing some photos.

A long search, but it looks and sounds like you have found a very good boat. Enjoy!

Indeed, good to see you're finally getting to grips with her Bruce. Having the ban on boating eased this coming weekend will no doubt be music to your ears. Now, don't forget to edit your signature as well. Oh, yes, better sort out the issue re the photos not uploading. We need - nay - must have, photos..! Pilou will be able to help you with that if you can't figure it out. Bon voyage...:D

Congrats, good use of space on those boat. Very classy too!

Bruce
You did a great job in the search and selection process. Your serious and thorough hunt is well worth emulating.

Thanks for the kind words. We`ve not yet got an easing of restrictions but it should come next week.

Re pics. They show as JPEG in the camera but download,first time ever,as NEF into the laptop. TF says they are invalid,presently I can`t load them.

Thanks for the kind words. We`ve not yet got an easing of restrictions but it should come next week.

Re pics. They show as JPEG in the camera but download,first time ever,as NEF into the laptop. TF says they are invalid,presently I can`t load them.

NEF ? So your camera is a NIKON.
NEF is Nikon format similar to RAW format.
You can’t load Nikon NEF format pics to TF, you must convert first from NEF to JPG / JPEG.

XNVIEW Freeware will do the job for you if your OS is Windows.

Do you still have our email address ? Send some pics, I can convert for you.

Last edited:

NEF ? So your camera is a NIKON.
NEF is Nikon format similar to RAW format.
You can’t load Nikon NEF format pics to TF, you must convert first from NEF to JPG / JPEG.

XNVIEW Freeware will do the job for you if your OS is Windows.

Do you still have our email address ? Send some pics, I can convert for you.

There you go Bruce. I knew Pilou would know.

However, there is another way. Just swallow your SLR camera pride, and take the shots on your iPhone or Samsung, whatever...like the rest of us do. Well, most of us anyway. They are really quite good. They have so many pixis the pics come out comparable with your SLR. Really..! They upload to websites very easily, as long as you hold them the correct way up, is all. :D

Thanks Pilou and Peter. Yes, it`s a Nikon D80.We reloaded the pics from the camera, this time they identify as JPEG not NEF. I`ll try again:

Attachments

• DSC_0006.jpg
    DSC_0006.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 125
  • DSC_0009.jpg
    DSC_0009.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 97
  • DSC_0010.jpg
    DSC_0010.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 97
  • DSC_0011.jpg
    DSC_0011.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 97
Ah..! Voila..! She looks magnifique, n’est-elle pas..? :)

Ah..! Voila..! She looks magnifique, n’est-elle pas..? :)

Oui elle est magnifique vraiment !
Island bed in forward cabin, that’s great. Easer access to the flybridge than on your former IG 36’ Europa.
I love the helm.

Félicitations Bruce. When is the christening party scheduled ? Sorry I don’t recall the date. Don’t bother with the bottle of champagne to break on the bow, I will bring it, or perhaps a bottle of Saint Hilaire from Limoux since it’s your favorite ? :)

Last edited:
I'd call that a nice looking boat! Congratulations on the upgrade!

2 more pics, a bit like the others. Everything else is in NEF, I think a new memory card is the cause. So I threw in the sulphur crested cockatoo which visited recently, there were 2 and I could hand feed them. Big birds, big beaks, but gentle.

Attachments

• DSC_0005.jpg
    DSC_0005.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 53
  • DSC_0016.jpg
    DSC_0016.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 64
  • DSC_0030.jpg
    DSC_0030.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 61
Very nice! I like the helm next to the pilot house door - it makes line handling easier :)

Well done Bruce, I see you are staying in the extended IG family. The lower helm station looks very flamilar indeed. No external teak ,lucky you.

I will keep an eye out for you on the water(when we are finally allowed out). Where do you plan to stow the dingy?

Cheers,

Andy

Not trying to waylay this thread. Boating restrictions? What is the purpose? If you go out for 15 days, come back, clean and health to your dock, the 15 day quarantine starts again once you touch dirt. It's a never ending circle.

Last edited:
Logic has nothing to do with it.

Well now that is one fine looking vessel right there. Massive congratulations to the new crew of Sojourn! May she ever be less expensive than you expect.

Not trying to waylay this thread. Boating restrictions? What is the purpose? If you go out for 15 days, come back, clean and health to your dock, the 15 day quarantine starts again once you touch dirt. It's a never ending circle.

That's not how it is here in Oz Old Dan. We now have our restrictions lifted, our Covid figures are so flat, such as to allow trips of up to 150kms, and boat trips are also unrestricted, with no quarantine requirements when one returns.

Glad you guys have a handle on the Covid, wish we did...

Well done Bruce, I see you are staying in the extended IG family. The lower helm station looks very flamilar indeed. No external teak ,lucky you.

I will keep an eye out for you on the water(when we are finally allowed out). Where do you plan to stow the dingy?

Cheers,

Andy
A lot of the boat is very familiar. Tiny bits of teak at the port and stbd running lights(grrrr) will get painted a light brown color.
You nailed the issue: stowing the dinghy. Near crew discord there. A new 2.6M Island Inflatable (made in Korea, not that other place that politically claims $600 Grange tastes like vinegar)). Last one lasted 10 years,but doesn`t fit anywhere. Either a frame cantilevered off the aft FB + a crane, or on the swimstep/duckboard. We got some neat kayak frames on Ebay, $173 delivered, to go on the FB rails.

We were out Friday to Sunday today. First trip, we got restricted just as it arrived from Melbourne. We were going out anyway, but Friday night recreational boating, up to 10 onboard, overnights permitted, was restored. The clue is, do not get complacent, the beast is there, skulking in the shadows, despite sterling work in other parts to give it a good home there. Pinta Bay was good, heaps of all night small fishing boats, but just 3 National Parks moorings.

The most noticeable comparison is the handling. It absolutely handles better, in a seaway off Barrenjoey, and in wakes. Maybe the extra 2ft 6" of hull, it feels more an offshore boat, less jumpy and reactive to waves and seas. The Cummins 210s need a bit more rpm to steer in reverse,did some practice checks before the first reverse park. Could be smaller 4 blade props, I think it`s a tad underpropped.
It lacks some storage space in comparison,but it`s hard to beat 25 less years and some considerable comfort improvements. I expect it`s my last boat, and I think we`re going to like it.

Last edited:
We were out Friday to Sunday today. First trip, we got restricted just as it arrived from Melbourne. We were going out anyway, but Friday night recreational boating, up to 10 onboard, overnights permitted, was restored.

Bruce, I didn't realise that overnight stays on board were allowed again. We got an email from the club last Thursday telling us that overnighters were still a no no. Dying to go out to try out the new BBQ and Suzuki 15hp on the RIB.

Bruce, you are quite right, just got an email from the club. Overnight boating is back on.Great news.

An Aussie member posted about his Integrity 35, positively except for noise from seas impacting the swimstep. I noticed that too, took a while to find the source.
Andy, I`m coming round to "dinghy on swimstep". Frame and crane on FB could cost $8K and you need a trained monkey onboard to climb on the frame and deal with the dinghy attachments. Our new/secondhand dinghy from an abandoned project has dinghy brackets already glued on, so I just need the brackets to fix to the swimstep.

Yep, that would be the easiest for launching and stowing. What about the outboard?

Yep, that would be the easiest for launching and stowing. What about the outboard?
The outboard was tethered in the cockpit on the IG;on the Integrity the way smaller lazarette is better separated from the ER, I might keep it there. I usually keep spare fuel on deck in the cockpit too, abundant caution from acting for people injured in an exploding petrol/gas boat.

That's not how it is here in Oz Old Dan. We now have our restrictions lifted, our Covid figures are so flat, such as to allow trips of up to 150kms, and boat trips are also unrestricted, with no quarantine requirements when one returns.

Here in Florida, I have not heard of any boating restrictions but, I am not planning to go anywhere.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom