New boater, old boat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pisces

Vessel Name
Pisces
Vessel Make
Marshal Boat Co. Californian
Hello everyone and thanks for welcoming me to your forum.
I just recently became a boat guy. I'm newly divorced so I figured if I was going to do the midlife crisis thing, I might as well do it right. Last October, I bought a 42' Californian from 1978 and moved aboard. I knew nothing about boats then. I know a little tiny bit more than nothing now.
The old tub needs a lot of help, but she is solid, roomy, and comfortable. The engines run when I tell them to, and she only has one leak. I can work with that, I think.
We are up near Bellingham, Washington. I figure, if I can make it through the winter on the boat, the rest of the year should be great. It's working out that way so far.
I've got a bunch of questions, but I'll post those over in the general discussion board, one at a time.
Thanks for having me. I look forward to learning a lot.

Pisces,
Welcome aboard the forum. We are practically neighbours. Several years ago, I moored my sailboat at Point Roberts.
Never having lived aboard, but I would think the winters around here would definitely be the "trying" part of it. Summer is almost here. Post some pictures, everyone here likes pictures. :)

Pisces, welcome to TF. Great bunch of people on here (not including myself in that group) who have lots of knowledge and are eager to share it. So, fire away with your questions and show us some pics of your new home.

Welcome aboard Pisces.
Many will look forward to your live aboard adventure, as many have that dream.
You are living it!

Thanks for the welcome, all. I'm still trying to figure out how to post pics. I'll have some up soon.

Pisces

Small photo of the Pisces

Attachments

• Pisces.png
    Pisces.png
    147.3 KB · Views: 118
Hope you get up my way (Vancouver Island) when the plague ends.

Welcome...nice boat. Looking forward to your adventures.

Fix that leak !! Small leaks can become big problems. Like when the bilge pump quits and you don't realize it.

Welcome !!

Back
Top Bottom