• Trawler Forum Classified Posting Guidelines
    • We expect ads placed to be related to the topic of this forum.
    • Ads that are inactive for 180 days or longer may be moved to the Classified Archive and locked. Ads may be relisted if the item is still current. Alternatively, owners may contact a Moderator to reinstate an archived ad.
    • The Classified section is for advertising, members are asked to refrain from posting discussions to a Classified Ad. Please start a discussion thread or PM the owner for discussions.
    • Do not hijack another member's ad by posting unsolicited commentary. Example: if a member has posted an ad offering an anchor for sale, don't add a post to his thread stating that you have an anchor you'd like to get rid of also. Posts deemed as unsolicited commentary may be removed.
    • For your own security, do NOT include your e-mail or phone number in your ad. Instead request that interested parties contact you via PM (private message) to provide owners contact info.
    • Brokers, Dealers, or those with a commercial interest in a sale are prohibited from posting in Classifieds.
    • Only Trawler Forum Commercial Members may post ads in the Commercial section. You must be a designated Commercial Member to start threads in this section of the forum. (Contact a moderator if you have questions about this)
    • Don't post links to commercial sites where you are also offering the boat, such as eBay, Craigslist or Yachtworld, etc. unless it contains a more in-depth description, additional information or pictures.
    • Place only one ad per item (you may repost only when your ad has expired and been removed).
    For Sale ads MUST include:
    • Asking price
    • Clear statement whether you are the owner or non-owner (posting for friend, relative, or acquaintance)
    • Don't forget to select: FOR SALE, WANTED or FREE in the Title block.
    All ads should also include ALL the following:
    • Pertinent maintenance and condition information
    • Exterior picture or pictures
    • Interior picture or pictures (boats)
    For maximum impact & exposure, it is suggested the Ad Title include: Year, Manufacturer, Model, Length, Price, and Location or at the very top of the ad body. When your item has sold or the ad is no longer relevant: Please post a Reply to the ad that the item is SOLD or click "Report Post" on post 1 of the thread to ask a moderator to archive the ad. Ads may be moved or removed by our staff at any time for any reason. All ads must comply with site rules. Thanks for your cooperation.
  • Avoid Scams.

Our classifieds are free and anyone registered here is welcome to post an ad.
    Be aware that there are unscrupulous folks out there. Avoid any interaction that seems odd to you or �feels� wrong. Inquiries from unknown buyers, buyers �agents� and other non-traditional approaches should be treated with extreme caution.

Beware of unsolicited contacts offering to put you in touch with someone else who is buying or selling via e-mail or text.

Do not post your e-mail address or phone number in a classifieds ad.

Hints that you may be dealing with a Scammer:
    • Seller or Buyer approaches you via a direct email or PM and then steers you to an off-site communication method (text or email).
    • No posts or very few forum posts.
    • Recent forum membership
    • Insists on conducting negotiations via email or text rather than PM
    • Requires payment via Bank Transfer, BitCoin/CryptoCurrency, WesternUnion or other unsecured method.
    • Buyer or Seller suggests Paypal "Friends and Family" payment. Paypal is a good way to arrange payment but an invoice for goods and services should be used rather than "Friends and Family". "Friends and Family" avoids fees BUT there is no recourse if the transaction runs aground. Friends and Family is for gifts only. There is no protection for Friends and Family transactions, so never ever use it to buy something.
    • Declines to allow viewing the item before proceeding with the transaction.

Nordhavn, Selene, Fleming or Defever Wanted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jsbraga

Vessel Name
Adrift at Last
Vessel Make
Selene 53
I have sold my Selene 53 built in '04 and am looking for a replacement. I'm not interested in overpriced offers but am in a cash position and can move fast with a simple hull survey and engine oil analysis. If you are looking to "sell" (not what will my boat fetch) please contact me. John

Hi John, might want to give us all a bit more information. Such as do you want newer than you sold? Do you want larger or smaller? What is your preference Pilothouse, sedan, trunk, etc.

I have sold my Selene 53 built in '04 and am looking for a replacement. I'm not interested in overpriced offers but am in a cash position and can move fast with a simple hull survey and engine oil analysis. If you are looking to "sell" (not what will my boat fetch) please contact me. John

I am curious... Did you sell your old boat for what it was worth to you or the buyer? Did you get what you thought it would fetch to quote you. A cash position doesn't give you the right to steal. It only gives you a couple of days advantage over someone buying with credit. I am a buyer with a letter of credit and or 250K cash to spend. I haven't found a seller yet that will discount their price because I have the ability to pay quickly. Get real.

I agree that "cash" is not "king" when it come sto buying a boat UNLESS you are willing to buy the vessel without going through inspections, survey and the nickle & dime type end negotiations. Otherwise as previous you are talking about probably only closing a few days earlier - not much incentive for a seller.
We bought our boat (and our last 2 houses) for cash -do not believe it made any difference to the price. IMO, only when a buyer is desperate and you are willing to forego the survey etc and to put money down after you have done a simple walk-through inspection is it likely to help.
Lastly, I find it amusing that the same people who expect to get top dollar for their own boat, expect others to give theirs away!! Remember, what goes around, comes around!! You too will want to sell one day.
Good luck with your search.

Nordhavn, Selene, Fleming or Defever

Well that's casting a pretty wide net. Can you narrow that down a wee bit? Especially seeing as you just sold a Selene 53.

Are You Serious or Just Have a Lot of Time

I am curious... Did you sell your old boat for what it was worth to you or the buyer? Did you get what you thought it would fetch to quote you. A cash position doesn't give you the right to steal. It only gives you a couple of days advantage over someone buying with credit. I am a buyer with a letter of credit and or 250K cash to spend. I haven't found a seller yet that will discount their price because I have the ability to pay quickly. Get real.

You can decide how you want to pursue the boat purchase path any way you want. I'll do the same. Fair enough? If you were having a bad day when you responded I forgive you.

You can decide how you want to pursue the boat purchase path any way you want. I'll do the same. Fair enough? If you were having a bad day when you responded I forgive you.

Fair enough. I'm looking to buy something that is a high end vessel/pedigree with an owner who understands the yacht maintenance world. If it's a larger or smaller boat, or about the same as my 53, I'm interested. My goal is to use my advantage of being in a cash position with the knowledge that I'm only interested in oil analysis and hull survey. Once the seller sets his price I'm not going back looking to chisel. This may be the wrong or right approach but it is mine. Maybe I'm an odd duck. The point is when I go to sell her I want to lose as little as possible. If someone else took a beating because they bought too high (which I have in one of my past 7 boats) that should not be my problem. Don't want to be a "smack" about it but this is how I think.

I don't think there is a right or wrong approach. Different approaches will yield a variety of results regardless of whether those responses are what one wanted or expected.

My goal is to use my advantage of being in a cash position with the knowledge that I'm only interested in oil analysis and hull survey.

Two things.

Being in a cash position does not give you an advantage. The seller won't care how you are financed. This is not like a house purchase where you won't have a chain or trying to get a mortgage.

Secondly, what else would you be expecting to do other than hull survey and engine analysis? And why do you think the seller would care what buying steps you would chose to follow?

Frankly if I was selling my boat I would put it up for the price I believe it will sell at and then it is up to any interested buyers if they like the price. I am not considering changing that price because of any situation that the buyer may think he has.

Your posts and approach here are really strange.

The advantage as a cash buyer is no financing contingency in a contract. As a seller, I'd consider that a modest plus. But I think it goes further than that because a financing contingency may well turn into a bunch of survey issues that must be fixed to get financing.

So as a seller, I would give some favor to a cash buyer. How much frankly depends on other factors, like how much interest there is in the boat in the first place, how flexible I am on price, how much risk I think there is in getting hung up over financing/survey issues, etc. Also the older a boat is, the more demanding and discriminating a lender will be. If I were selling an older boat that might be hard to finance, I would put much more value on a buyer without a financing contingency, because it might be hard to finance the boat no matter what shape it's in.

As a seller, the big risk in entering into a contract is that you lock out other buyers while the contract is in play. So the more likely I think a deal is to go through, the more likely I am to accept an offer. The OP is looking at newer, quality boats, and those will be the easiest to finance. So in this case I don't think being a cash buyer is much of an advantage. But hey, play every card you've got.

I agree that "cash" is not "king" when it come sto buying a boat UNLESS you are willing to buy the vessel without going through inspections, survey and the nickle & dime type end negotiations. Otherwise as previous you are talking about probably only closing a few days earlier - not much incentive for a seller.

We bought our boat (and our last 2 houses) for cash -do not believe it made any difference to the price. IMO, only when a buyer is desperate and you are willing to forego the survey etc and to put money down after you have done a simple walk-through inspection is it likely to help.

Lastly, I find it amusing that the same people who expect to get top dollar for their own boat, expect others to give theirs away!! Remember, what goes around, comes around!! You too will want to sell one day.

Good luck with your search.

I just re-read my post, and as I said a minute ago on another section of this forum in my reply to you, “I never asked for advice”. That means my incredible ability to understand my position and capitalize on it still stands tall. If your finding me to be offensive, and at this point want to troll me, we’ll go ahead. After all we do live in a free and capitalist society. Maybe you prefer something else and should possibly pursue that dream. In the meantime I have a contract and are under agreement to purchase a vessel at a price that satisfies myself, and most likely satisfied the seller. “We can’t always get what we want”. LOL

I just re-read my post, and as I said a minute ago on another section of this forum in my reply to you, “I never asked for advice”. That means my incredible ability to understand my position and capitalize on it still stands tall. If your finding me to be offensive, and at this point want to troll me, we’ll go ahead. After all we do live in a free and capitalist society. Maybe you prefer something else and should possibly pursue that dream. In the meantime I have a contract and are under agreement to purchase a vessel at a price that satisfies myself, and most likely satisfied the seller. “We can’t always get what we want”. LOL

Is this your victory lap? You are replying to a 2 week old post here, and adding a quote from your other thread?

I hope your deal works out and you enjoy your boat.

Is this your victory lap? You are replying to a 2 week old post here, and adding a quote from your other thread?

I hope your deal works out and you enjoy your boat.

Actually, I was responding to a very recent troll of my post from 2 weeks ago. You’ll have to read the post under “boat wanted” to grasp what has transpired. All I asked was if somebody has a boat to selI, I am in the market. I am in a good cash position and can make a deal happen quickly at the right price.

Now my mistake to some forum members was I am in the market. The only response I expected was from someone selling a boat. Instead I was lambasted by a couple of armchair captains telling me answers to unasked questions.

Are you selling your very nice boat?
Are you interested in a quick deal?
Is it in great shape?
Do you own it free and clear?
Will you sell it for 1/2 of what you think it’s worth?

Now take my word for it, I’m not really asking these questions, but just showing how weird a simple search has turned out to be.

On another note, most responses were not from somebody selling a boat. This simply tells me folks don’t read well or have to much to say.

Peace brother and may your winds be light. [emoji23]

The advantage as a cash buyer is no financing contingency in a contract. As a seller, I'd consider that a modest plus. But I think it goes further than that because a financing contingency may well turn into a bunch of survey issues that must be fixed to get financing.

So as a seller, I would give some favor to a cash buyer. How much frankly depends on other factors, like how much interest there is in the boat in the first place, how flexible I am on price, how much risk I think there is in getting hung up over financing/survey issues, etc. Also the older a boat is, the more demanding and discriminating a lender will be. If I were selling an older boat that might be hard to finance, I would put much more value on a buyer without a financing contingency, because it might be hard to finance the boat no matter what shape it's in.

As a seller, the big risk in entering into a contract is that you lock out other buyers while the contract is in play. So the more likely I think a deal is to go through, the more likely I am to accept an offer. The OP is looking at newer, quality boats, and those will be the easiest to finance. So in this case I don't think being a cash buyer is much of an advantage. But hey, play every card you've got.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom