View Single Post
Old 05-15-2012, 07:58 PM   #17
Marin
Scraping Paint

City: -
My iPad blew away part of my earlier post as I was editing it so Carey put his post up while I was rewriting mine. The 12" Standard Horizon will be even better than the 10" unit I thought he had. In my line of work, there is no such thing as a screen that's too big.

We split the screen on our 7" Furuno NavNet all the time, putting the radar on top and the steering information on the bottom. (We use the Echotec to display the actual chart). BUT..... as I said, the display is very close to us on it's drop-down mount so reading the split display is very easy. It would not be acceptable at all if the unit were mounted down on the console.

PS--- I agree with Carey about the finger smudges on a touch screen. These days I live on my iPad. Everything I do at work from writing to planning and scheduling shoots to drawing up storyboards to sketching out on the spot the framing I want on a shot for my videographer to reading the PowerPoint presentations that contain all the testing procedures for our aircraft and much more I do on the iPad. Inside it's great. Outside, finger smudges become a problem even obscuring information on the screen at times. I spend a lot of time cleaning the glass when I'm outside with it.
Marin is offline   Reply With Quote