View Single Post
Old 04-21-2020, 02:25 PM   #6
RT Firefly
Enigma

City: Slicker?
Greetings eh?
Welcome aboard. A 1979 Taiwanese vessel may NOT have, what might have been, factory installed equipment in the "usual" places. A lot may have been changed, added or eliminated by DPOs (Dad-gummed Previous Owners) some of whom were probably "rocket scientists" from my experiences. You will also probably discover new and exciting electrical, plumbing and mechanical "modifications" which will cause you to add to "the list" (see below).

To address your second question:

What you might have to do initially is suck the bilge water out with a wet/dry vac keeping strongly in mind what Mr. NWS noted regarding oil contamination. I suspect you will have to find an environmentally friendly way of disposing of that contaminated bilge water.

No problem with needing or asking for help. You have a new mistress and you have to get to know each other...intimately. Now is a good time to start that infamous "to do" list (at least volume #1).
I would suggest you start exploring and writing down anything and everything you find as well as taking copious pictures. You WILL eventually need diagrams of what is where, what goes where and where the h*ll is ??? Ooops, you've already not found something.

Keep VERY strongly in mind that although you will get a LOT of advice from members, not ALL of it will be applicable nor of the best quality but the majority should be.

A bit about yourself, please? Boating experience? Anticipated uses for boat etc.