Old 05-13-2012, 07:05 PM   #67
FlyWright
TF Site Team

City: California Delta
Vessel Name: FlyWright
Vessel Model: 1977 Marshall Californian 34 LRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marin View Post
Let's see.. We've seen dozens of people over the years struggle to get these things to work. Some of them have even dropped them overboard in their attempts. But because we didn't get suckered into buying one ourselves what we have seen other people doing didn't really happen. It's a figment of my an my wife's imaginations. It's hard to believe it was also a figment of the imaginations of some of the people trying to get them to work as they spent a lot of time afterwards cursing them as being the biggest waste of money on the planet.

But I guess none of that really happened. Good to know, thanks. If I ever run into any of these people and remember them for what we saw them doing, I will reassure them that this guy in the SFO bay knows that their experience didn't occur. I'm sure that will make them feel better.

If it works for you, great. We saw people who had it work for them, too. But we've seen enough people struggle with it and finally give up and grab the buoy with a boathook to suspect that it's not the wonder cure the salesmen at the boatshows make it out to be.
To get a job done, one needs the right tools and the knowledge and skill to use them correctly. Maybe your friends and associates lack one or more of those critical elements.

I never said failure of this item was a figment of anyone's imagination. Nor have I denied that failure has occurred. You're putting words in my mouth that I never wrote. Have another drink and calm down.

I said "there is a slow and smooth technique that ensures success, but the quick jab and pull will often result in failure." At best, I should have said "helps to ensure success." I just can't think of a more simple way to put it. If you need further assistance in understanding this, let us know.
FlyWright is offline   Reply With Quote