Looking for some temporary covered moorage in the Puget Sound area

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Filbert

Vessel Name
Pelican V
Vessel Make
‘81 49 Defevber RPH
We are in the process of purchasing an ‘81 DeFever 49 RPH that needs some fiberglass repairs and looking for someone that might have a covered slip or boathouse we could lease for a few months in order to have a dry area to work on her. Or maybe some suggestions on where to find reasonably priced permanent covered moorage. Thanks

Welcome aboard and congrats on your new boat. I have no knowledge on Puget Sound moorage but nice boat. Have fun with it.

Most fiberglass repair can be done outside, the resin cures pretty quickly. If it is a pretty big repair area you can usually drape it.

Even most painting can be done outside, especially if you are using oil based paint, rain won't effect a fresh coat, just slows down the dry time.

pete

We are in the process of purchasing an ‘81 DeFever 49 RPH that needs some fiberglass repairs and looking for someone that might have a covered slip or boathouse we could lease for a few months in order to have a dry area to work on her. Or maybe some suggestions on where to find reasonably priced permanent covered moorage. Thanks

call me or email me when you get a moment. I'm going to be vacating a 50' covered slip at Duwamish Yacht Club shortly. I can put you in touch with the owner who has indicated he will be looking for a new tenant. I'm paying month by month. I did have to join the club, but it was basically just filling out paperwork and paying a small fee. Both the slip owner and the yacht club are good and easy to deal with. I've only been there a few months, but found a boathouse we are purchasing down in Tacoma.

toni froehling

253 208 8494
tonifroehling@gmail.com

Back
Top Bottom