New from Spokane Wa...home of the ZAGS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Putttn

New to the Trawler forum. Live in Spokane, home of the beloved Gonzaga Bulldogs...Go ZAGS. Have owned a couple of sailboats many years ago. 24 foot San Juan and J24. Owned quite a few power boats from 16 foot aluminum to 39 foot Sea Ray. All our boating on beautiful Lake Coeur D Alene a short 30 minute drive from Spokane.
Always have had a love for Trawler styled boats. Like the idea of Motorsailers too. Looking forward to hearing about adventures boating. Lake Coeur D Alene is beautiful for boating and most boats are in the 30-40 range max.

Welcome to TF. Lots of good info here, but we do like pictures.

BTW you have the wrong Bull dawgs!!:D:D

Attachments

• e28b3219c99d8aacceab85b1a57116a2.jpg
    e28b3219c99d8aacceab85b1a57116a2.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 152
  • i.png
    i.png
    8 KB · Views: 148
Is Coeur D Alene landlocked or can you get to the sea?

Welcome Aboard,

pete

Putttn, welcome to TF. We're HUGE Zags fans!! GO ZAGS!!

You're in an area where there are several beautiful lakes. If you're considering a trawler style boat, why not think about trailerable trawlers. That way you can hit several lakes and also come down to our area and do the Snake and Columbia rivers or run west on I-90 and take it to Puget Sound and the San Juans.

I've boated a little in your area (Lake Pend O'reille, Hayden and Coeur d'Alene) and loved it. We took our 13' Whaler from Bayview to Sandpoint and back just for fun. Also one time many years ago I rode a jet ski from St. Maries, ID up to the Coeur d'Alene resort for lunch then back to St. Maries. Beautiful waters to boat on.

Stick around here and you'll meet some nice folks who are willing to share their knowledge and experience.

Last edited:
Is this going to be your retirement boat?

There is kind of an arrogant hidden assumption that Pete might well have and GFC might have, I have it. The WA, BC & AK is consider incredible cruising grounds, lake boating is consider not quite as high on the incredible ladder scale. So I think we are attempting to help you think about cruising grounds beyound your favoured lake.

I'm not against lake cruising, my introduction to pleasure boating was in Madison WI, my family belonged to the Four Lakes Yacht Club and my dad and I did a lot of pleasure boating in that area.

But let me begin the slow brainwashing process:

Further videos to encourage your brainwashing:

Tony's Blog | Fleming Yachts

Last edited:
Welcome Puttn,

You come from a beautiful part of the world. There is some very nice lake cruising around there.
I grew up just north of you, on the other side of the border (Creston & Nelson) and spent much time exploring the local waterways.

Best of luck in searching for the ideal boat!

Hi Fellas. Thats a nice little bulldog from Ga. Not as ferocious or as big as our ZAGS but cute!!! Lake CDA is land locked. The Lake empties via the Spokane River which does end up on the Columbia but there is a major problem at the falls in downtown Spokane.
At 76 I’m still working and really enjoy it so retirement boat isn’t what this would be. Just a weekend go to the lake enjoyment. If I ever do retire again I would think boating in the Sound couldn’t get much better.

While I don’t share your enthusiasm for the Zags, welcome aboard. What is the market like on CDA for trawlers?

While I don’t share your enthusiasm for the Zags, welcome aboard. What is the market like on CDA for trawlers?

Been years since I had a boat on CDA. Mostly motorboats, ski boats, and larger sedans. My last boat was a 39 SeaRay. I'm thinking about a motorsailer like a Fisher. Like the looks and being able to sail as well as motor.
I've really never seen a trawler like the ones on the Puget Sound on CDA. I think that type of boat would be perfect there. Kind of like a mobile cabin on the lake.

Well you can certainly find a boat mover that will move a trawler to CDA for you. If that is what you want, then go for it!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom