View Single Post
Old 04-09-2020, 07:33 PM   #1
Insequent
TF Site Team

City: Brisbane
Vessel Name: Insequent
Vessel Model: Ocean Alexander 50 Mk I
Lockdown in Australia

The attached graph is showing good progress in regards to declining new cases in Australia.

However, lockdown conditions continue to be tightened, with authorities fearing outbreak clusters around the Easter holiday period in particular. Conditions are set at State level with some regions also adopting additional rules. Here in Queensland there is a neat graphic setting out reasons that you may use to leave home. NSW and Victoria have perhaps tighter restrictions. Police are fining people for breaches.

M boat is in a marina that is only 3.5km from home, so from now on if I go to it I will need to use a bicycle (exercise exemption) or risk having to explain why I am driving and a possible fine. IF I do go it will be intermittent and to spend a night aboard while catching up on some R&M. My finger has 7 liveaboard boats on it so I don't expect me overnighting would be an issue. With continued progress I am hoping for some easing of restrictions towards the end of the month, enough to enable me to cruise into Moreton Bay for a few nights. We'll see.
Attached Thumbnails
Qld CV19.jpeg  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Au cases.pdf (220.8 KB, 19 views)