Ignored?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems to me if you categorize using "Ignore" as a sign of "weakness" you are victim blaming. There are cases on TF of shameless trolling,even bullying, and cases of people with ideas, thoughts, and forms of expression which are offensive to others. It is no sign of weakness to avoid seeing those posts. Levels of tolerance and perception of offence vary, the person affected should not be judged or denigrated for perceived "weakness". In a way, saying someone should not use "Ignore" is saying they should subject themselves to posts which offend them. That sounds like adding bullying and punishment on top of giving offence.

I would guess I am probably on someones "ignore" list, maybe several. I have nobody on my "ignore" list.

It is sometimes sort of fun being aggravated with someone "in absentia". Likewise I guess it is sort of fun making someone mad kind of anonymously.

To those I may have offended, I really sincerely apologize. I won't use the word "idiot" anymore.

Now...if I am on your "ignore" list you would be missing a sincere apology.

pete

Seems to me if you categorize using "Ignore" as a sign of "weakness" you are victim blaming. There are cases on TF of shameless trolling,even bullying, and cases of people with ideas, thoughts, and forms of expression which are offensive to others. It is no sign of weakness to avoid seeing those posts. Levels of tolerance and perception of offence vary, the person affected should not be judged or denigrated for perceived "weakness". In a way, saying someone should not use "Ignore" is saying they should subject themselves to posts which offend them. That sounds like adding bullying and punishment on top of giving offence.

Bleedin' 'ell.

This is only a boating forum! :D

To answer the actual question......in order to be so annoying that EVERYONE places a user on the ignore list, that user will undoubtedly have had many rule infractions along the way. (Be Nice being the most common infraction)

You only get so many strikes before your password and the password recovery feature on the site suddenly 'no longer work' for that user. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom