Old 03-26-2020, 10:12 PM   #21
Codger2
Guru

City: San Diego
Vessel Name: Circuit Breaker
Vessel Model: 2021..22' Duffy Cuddy cabin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
I looked a several before an extended US / Canada Cruise in 2019 and came to the same conclusion. Here is a short article I wrote for our ABC-FLX boating club as an intro to Windy. Hope it helps.
Thanks for including your article, Don. I read it and saved it to my library. It's a very informative article.

I'm 79 years old and have messed around in boats since I was 10 and the weather thing has always interested me. In 1967 I earned my commercial pilots license and was stunned at how little instruction time was devoted to weather information. Discovering Windy.com is one of my most interesting finds for my cruising needs. There's a lot to learn from it and I process more info from it every day.

Here's just one example of a tool that shows what you can see with one click on your route. This route is on a strait line from San Diego to Catalina Island. There's no course line as my old iMac couldn't plot it.(My smart TV does, however!) It not only shows swell height & time interval, it also shows wind speed & from what direction for both swell and wind.
Attached Thumbnails
swell ht & time & direction,wind speed & direction.jpg