Taylormade Fender Leaking Valve Fix

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

neworleansrich

Vessel Name
Catalyst
Vessel Make
50 ft Power Cat
Taylormade fenders are great and long lasting. Taylormade also offers a very fair warranty program. In the past, I was able to exchange a leaking fender with a new one, on the spot with no receipt, at West Marine. Other brands, maybe not so great.

Recently, we moved the boat to a side tie slip and I noticed a fender loosing air thru the valve. With the corona virus lockdown, I started poking around the internet and found several videos on changing football valves. I never knew how easy it was to replace these valves.

The replacement valves are available on Ebay or Amazon (a dozen replacement valves for less than $10). Easy enough to throw a few in the spares box on the boat.

Hopefully this will help someone save a bumper.

The proper term is "fender" as to fend off.
Having the spare valves on board and remembering where you put them is an entirely different thing. LOL
The only way keep track of the needle is to have 2 and tape them to the inside, side of a couple drawers.

The proper term is "fender" as to fend off.
Having the spare valves on board and remembering where you put them is an entirely different thing. LOL
The only way keep track of the needle is to have 2 and tape them to the inside, side of a couple drawers.

? We're you correcting someone?

Taylor has THE BEST warranty on their FENDERS. lol, hope I said that right ;)
Taylor lifetime warranties their fenders, if you have any valve issues just call them and they will mail you a pack of them, no charge. Both times I have done it (mainly cuz I lost the first pack) they were in my mailbox in about 3 days or so... :) ONLY fenders I will have on my boats now!!!

Back
Top Bottom