De-lurking in Washington State

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Crossroads

Vessel Name
Crossroads
Vessel Make
North Pacific 34
Hello All;
Ive been lurking here for a couple of years, from about the time we sold our last sailboat and bought a new to us North Pacific 34.

This site has been an enormous help to me as Ive learned about, fixed, and modified systems and components on the boat. So first of all, THANK YOU to all posters from whom Ive gleaned some understanding. I still have much to learn however. Thus this post. I figured I should introduce myself before I ask for any direct assistance.

See you on the threads.

Attachments

• CrossroadsPic.jpg
    CrossroadsPic.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 49
Thank you. It looks like we own distant cousins.

My current question is about hydraulic steering systems, so I guess Ill go to the mechanical non-engine forum.

FYI, I just removed all the 15 year old electronics from the boat and bought new Garmin systems, including an autopilot. The vendor was to supply a technician to install the new. However, on day two the tech said that he's an electronics installer and doesnt know hydraulics. Combine this with the vendors internal labor problems and a national health emergency, and I end up with a semicomplete instrument system and a box of autopilot parts! OK, so what else am I doing for the next several months since Canada is now off limits? Getting oily, apparently.

My current question is about hydraulic steering systems, so I guess Ill go to the mechanical non-engine forum.

FYI, I just removed all the 15 year old electronics from the boat and bought new Garmin systems, including an autopilot. The vendor was to supply a technician to install the new. However, on day two the tech said that he's an electronics installer and doesnt know hydraulics. Combine this with the vendors internal labor problems and a national health emergency, and I end up with a semicomplete instrument system and a box of autopilot parts! OK, so what else am I doing for the next several months since Canada is now off limits? Getting oily, apparently.

Welcome Crossroads.

I had the same issue when my AP was installed. The installer didn't like dealing with cooper so we had to bring in a technician to plumb it for us.

Pretty Boat, Welcome to the dark side.

Once you get the gremlins sorted out, you will love it here

pete

Hello All and thankyou for the welcomes,

ASD, Im not aware of anyone locally who does new marine copper installations, and at least for the time being, Im not inclined to go to the mainland. So Im going to try to see if there is a reliable DIY solution that might use materials Im more comfortable working with.

Alternately, I did handsteer four hours each way to and from Bellingham last week and didnt die.

Welcome! Nice boat. It`s called a Clipper 34 here, highly regarded. Same builders in China making boats for more than one company.

Thank you BruceK;
I understand that the ten NP34/36 may have been the last boats built (2006-2008?) from the CHB34 molds before they finally wore out.

Our dock neighbors 70's era Marine Trader 34 hull looks suspiciously similar.

Back
Top Bottom