View Single Post
Old 03-24-2020, 11:52 AM   #9
rgano
Guru

City: Southport, FL near Panama City
Vessel Name: FROLIC
Vessel Model: Mainship 30 Pilot II since 2015. GB-42 1986-2015. Former Unlimited Tonnage Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olebird View Post
Jim, I've just now gotten into the wiring of my boat - (bought it in OCT of last year). Behind the helm panel, I found a piezo alert device handing loose (cut loose) - a second device connected and working but again, just hanging loose. Looks like a replacement., evidence of at least one aural alert failure. so I would start with that. The alert is on continuously whenever there is power to the panel & engine, but engine is not running. I assume the result of no oil pressure.

The schematic I have is from the 2007 Operating Manual for the engine - very generic. It shows a "buzzer" as well as a bank of warning lights. (those are not on my panel). I may have a hard copy that is more specific to the boat - will have to check next trip to the boat.

Also found another device hanging loose that looks like it came out of a 2.25" panel hole below and to the left of the steering wheel - that now has a small depth sounder display mounted in it. I think the loose device is related to emergency engine shut down and ER fire control system - still investigating that one.

Unfortunately, I'm five hours from the boat. Only on it a few days out of the month. Not constrained by this virus thing YET - but happy to help you if I can.
That dangling thing is most surely the SeaFire fire alarm and override switch module for the engine room fire suppression system. Is there a bottle in the ER? I think you need to bring that boat over to my pier post CV19 and lets sort it out cuz if the PO did that sort of silly thing to it, the boat may have a few other disastrous secrets waiting.

For now rolling south in Pamlico Sound.
rgano is offline   Reply With Quote