Bahamas Flotilla

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I originally suggested this for the March/April time frame in 2021 as I had other commitments this year.

Since the first suggestion we have had Dorian and Covid-19. Both big potential derailers.

March/April 2021 is still not a bad time frame, but we need to wait and see what the rest of this year brings. I am still up to taking the lead on this thing, ably helped by the missus. And with a small committee of other members.

Idea would be, depending on number of vessels, three groups crossing in buddy depending on cruising speed. Starting with the Abacos for those with short time who need to return. Maybe adding on Spanish, Eleuthera, Exuma, for those that have longer stays in mind.

Let's see where we are around September/October this year.

Last edited:
I'm following this thread now as well. Our intention was to head there this year (2020). As luck would have it, our weather window didn't line up for us and that turned out to be a blessing. We were hanging out in the keys watching for the weather window when things started getting crazy with COVID-19. So, it seemed wise to cancel any plans for the Bahamas. As a result, now 2021 looks like our year to go over, so we line up with this thread for timing. Thanks for keeping it in mind Menzies and others who are also interested. Hopefully we can salvage some good cruising yet for 2020 and do the Bahamas run in 2021.

Following!

We're similar to AZ2LOOP in that we were just about to fuel up at Marathon and make an easy two day run up to Angelfish Creek for our jump across in a good weather window when the Bahamas PM made his 7:00pm speech about limiting entry, etc.
So, we're socially distancing in the keys back country at the moment.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom