Koehler 8 KVW Generator

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Addendum1

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Jagger
We have a 2006 Mainship 400, our generator will start but within 2 minutes will automatically shutdown with a shutdown code of LOC (loss of coolant) when there is no apparent loss of coolant. We have changed out the impeller. Has anyone experienced this or have suggestions on how to repair?

Is your reservoir low? Or I would guess a low level sensor went bad. Check the right ohms for the sensor.

Why was the impeller changed? If it went into pieces is a piece clogged in the system?

Raw water? Do you have good water flow?

Check if this model has a sea water pressure switch? Check the manual, I'm not sure and I don't have books on this new of a unit. A two minute run and then trip is too quick for a high temp (except maybe exhaust) and I don't think any have a coolant level switch.

Got good water flow out the tailpipe?

Are you sure that is what the code means? And the impeller has nothing to do with coolant...BUT it does have something to do with cooling water flow. I know computerized newer generators have a flow sensor. If it is indeed a raw water flow issue, then you have changed the impeller. I would have checked the strainer first...then I would have checked to see if I had flow coming out of the thru hull by pulling the hose and checking.

BUT...if it is indeed a coolant issue...and you have coolant...then like someone said, check to see if it is a bad sensor.

Back
Top Bottom