Any clever ideas on how to add a bidet to this toilet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Make
41' Mainship Mediterranean
Hello,

I am quarantining on my boat, and the surrounding area has run out of toilet paper due to hoarding (I live in the one of the hardest hit areas for COVAD-19 infections).

I'd like to install a bidet on my toilet. The toilet is a Tecma Silence Plus Short.

You guys always have clever ideas - any ideas on a simple add-on bidet that could easily be added to this toilet?

Thanks!

s-l1600.jpg

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 103
Check out the TOTO line of "washlets". I have the C200 it is around $400 from Amazon.

3.50 for a pair of squeeze ketchup/mustard dispensers, Walmart. Or Amazon if you don't want to go out

pete

Second on the Toto Washlet..You need a 110 outlet and water feed. The Tecma Toilet feeds water from behind, you will need to pull the bowl and rig a tee.

You guys are overthinking this. We had millions of these things installed in every bathroom in the Middle East. It's a standard bathroom fixture available overseas from all manufacturers, just screwed onto a water valve mounted on the wall. In America, just buy a kitchen sprayer and rig your valve. But put it on the right side of the toilet (when sitting on it), not the left side.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-03-19 at 5.28.41 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-03-19 at 5.28.41 PM.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 90
Agree with above. I bought a SS bidet spray kit from Home Depot and rigged it to my under-sink plumbing. Hose was plenty long enough to hang in a convenient spot since it is, after all, a boat head and both appliances are 2 feet from one another. A shower hose fitting also works on the valve in case more length is needed (Admiral always want more length.):blush:

Last edited:
You guys are overthinking this. We had millions of these things installed in every bathroom in the Middle East. It's a standard bathroom fixture available overseas from all manufacturers, just screwed onto a water valve mounted on the wall. In America, just buy a kitchen sprayer and rig your valve. But put it on the right side of the toilet (when sitting on it), not the left side.

No exposed water supply on the tecma, and who the hell wants to stick their hand upside down in the toilet while washing your butt?:)

Here you go..

Attachments

• 8E4EA34A-FB60-4B18-B877-11669D7A0CD6.jpg
    8E4EA34A-FB60-4B18-B877-11669D7A0CD6.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 95
No exposed water supply on the tecma, and who the hell wants to stick their hand upside down in the toilet while washing your butt?:)

Actually it's not as bad as you think, and it's a hell of a lot more sanitary and clean than the normal way of doing things

There was a similar post sometime in the last few years. A few Aussies responded that spray attachments were common ‘down under’ and referred to them delicately as ‘bum guns’.

There was a similar post sometime in the last few years. A few Aussies responded that spray attachments were common ‘down under’ and referred to them delicately as ‘bum guns’.
We have a bidet at home, I`ve only seen bum guns overseas, Asia mostly.

This might do it.

Attachments

• TankDrill03b.jpg
    TankDrill03b.jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 243
Funny, 50 years ago there was a bidet in almost any bathroom in France. In 50 years they almost all gone, considered as old school, a thing of the past that was for provincial people with dirty bottoms and dirty habits, in summary not seen a something good. Now they are back and we realize how much his can be useful :)

L

Just use the 3 S principle :
Sheet
Shower
Shave
Problem solved.
:)

Ok, I'll admit I'll not well versed in bidet usage. Question. Don't you still have to use toilet paper to dry off down there??

Ok, I'll admit I'll not well versed in bidet usage. Question. Don't you still have to use toilet paper to dry off down there??
When you take a shower, do you use tp or a towel? Both work...

L

TP will get wet, soggy, bits will adhere. Use a hairdryer. Magic!

If you live north of San Diego it might be wise to connect the sprayer to the hot side, or else a case of "blue Balls" is in your future.
To to OP, I put a lot of the Toto Washlet's in homes and I do not believe they will fit on the MSD shown, look closely at the mounting area before purchase.
HOLLYWOOD

Use a book. That was a common use for the pages before TP. Newsprint is better than glossy paper.

I self quarantined at my dock, but my boat is always stocked for travel.

Search Amazon for "bidet attachment", over 1000 listings to choose from starting at about $13.....

In old England, the aristocracy used live swans "I say Jeeves, pass me another swan would you'. Wonder if they washed them for reuse?
Honk honk!
We dry hands with an air blower, why not a hairdryer for your butt after a bidet wash?

Live Swans!

They can be nasty brutes. I am having trouble visualising how that would work.

Actually, I think I would prefer not to know.

In Miami the local Home Depot has kits that hang on the toilet bowl lip to hold the spray arm inside.

The local Cuban population is customer base.

Valves on a nearby hot and cold water source feed flex hoses , water volume and temperature is adjusted at the bowl swing arm.

The PIA is usually connecting to the HW supply.

Greetings,
Mr. FF. "The PIA is usually connecting to the HW supply." OR having the water too hot...OUCH!

200.webp

I think that I would live with cold water rather than scalding a really sensitive area. Our WH puts out really hot water...

Back
Top Bottom