View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 09:56 PM   #9
Nomad Willy
Guru

City: Concrete Washington State
Vessel Name: Willy
Vessel Model: Willard Nomad 30'
BruceK,
As far as I know a dry stack has nothing to do w keel cooling. Keel cooled boats probably pump engine coolant through the exhaust manifold but I really do'nt know.
I'll ask Brad about the tank....I do'nt know. It's seems too big for a day tank for the diesel stove. I can't imagine it as a day tank for the engine thinking of the high CG.

Speaking of high CGs fly bridges are great for larger craft or perhaps a cat. If we had a bigger boat I could imagine myself having a beer in a quiet anchorage in the summer up on the FB. If flying bridges were unknown and a friend came up w the idea I'd probably tell him it's a ridiculous idea to put all that weight up there. But would you?

HopCar,
Most boats in Alaska have them so it's the norm up here but you're right it looks out of place like it should be on a piece of logging equipment. But if painted high gloss white w some tasteful trim......but no it's not very yachty looking. But I'd rather have the white winch than a forrest of bow rails. Also the winch could be polished till it looked like chrome and clear coated. Or if it were smaller........naw...you're right.
Nomad Willy is offline   Reply With Quote