• Trawler Forum Classified Posting Guidelines
    • We expect ads placed to be related to the topic of this forum.
    • Ads that are inactive for 180 days or longer may be moved to the Classified Archive and locked. Ads may be relisted if the item is still current. Alternatively, owners may contact a Moderator to reinstate an archived ad.
    • The Classified section is for advertising, members are asked to refrain from posting discussions to a Classified Ad. Please start a discussion thread or PM the owner for discussions.
    • Do not hijack another member's ad by posting unsolicited commentary. Example: if a member has posted an ad offering an anchor for sale, don't add a post to his thread stating that you have an anchor you'd like to get rid of also. Posts deemed as unsolicited commentary may be removed.
    • For your own security, do NOT include your e-mail or phone number in your ad. Instead request that interested parties contact you via PM (private message) to provide owners contact info.
    • Brokers, Dealers, or those with a commercial interest in a sale are prohibited from posting in Classifieds.
    • Only Trawler Forum Commercial Members may post ads in the Commercial section. You must be a designated Commercial Member to start threads in this section of the forum. (Contact a moderator if you have questions about this)
    • Don't post links to commercial sites where you are also offering the boat, such as eBay, Craigslist or Yachtworld, etc. unless it contains a more in-depth description, additional information or pictures.
    • Place only one ad per item (you may repost only when your ad has expired and been removed).
    For Sale ads MUST include:
    • Asking price
    • Clear statement whether you are the owner or non-owner (posting for friend, relative, or acquaintance)
    • Don't forget to select: FOR SALE, WANTED or FREE in the Title block.
    All ads should also include ALL the following:
    • Pertinent maintenance and condition information
    • Exterior picture or pictures
    • Interior picture or pictures (boats)
    For maximum impact & exposure, it is suggested the Ad Title include: Year, Manufacturer, Model, Length, Price, and Location or at the very top of the ad body. When your item has sold or the ad is no longer relevant: Please post a Reply to the ad that the item is SOLD or click "Report Post" on post 1 of the thread to ask a moderator to archive the ad. Ads may be moved or removed by our staff at any time for any reason. All ads must comply with site rules. Thanks for your cooperation.
  • Avoid Scams.

Our classifieds are free and anyone registered here is welcome to post an ad.
    Be aware that there are unscrupulous folks out there. Avoid any interaction that seems odd to you or �feels� wrong. Inquiries from unknown buyers, buyers �agents� and other non-traditional approaches should be treated with extreme caution.

Beware of unsolicited contacts offering to put you in touch with someone else who is buying or selling via e-mail or text.

Do not post your e-mail address or phone number in a classifieds ad.

Hints that you may be dealing with a Scammer:
    • Seller or Buyer approaches you via a direct email or PM and then steers you to an off-site communication method (text or email).
    • No posts or very few forum posts.
    • Recent forum membership
    • Insists on conducting negotiations via email or text rather than PM
    • Requires payment via Bank Transfer, BitCoin/CryptoCurrency, WesternUnion or other unsecured method.
    • Buyer or Seller suggests Paypal "Friends and Family" payment. Paypal is a good way to arrange payment but an invoice for goods and services should be used rather than "Friends and Family". "Friends and Family" avoids fees BUT there is no recourse if the transaction runs aground. Friends and Family is for gifts only. There is no protection for Friends and Family transactions, so never ever use it to buy something.
    • Declines to allow viewing the item before proceeding with the transaction.

What are my options?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chrisaensing

Vessel Name
Pau Hana
Vessel Make
Camano / Troll
I would like some options for boats that will fit our requirements. The variable will really be price but...Here are our requirements:
- 14' Bridge Clearance
- 3' Draft
- Single Engine
- Sleeps 4
- Budget - less than 100K
Now before you bust on me, I have owned several boats the largest being a 32' Luhrs with twin Cummins. I know the budget is low but I don't want to finance a boat. I have a Merchant Marine Master's Lic (100 ton) We have cruised the West coast of Florida down to Key West. I am a home builder & pretty handy & have done plenty of boat work.

Perhaps tell us what the Luhr did not have that you now desire. It looks like a nice boat.

- High Bridge Clearance (although I did cut & hinge the T Top)
- 2 Engines
- Deeper draft

Camano Troll might be a possibility...you don’t say if it’s four adults or two grownups and two kids.

The Troll is a very solid boat and in your price point. 200 hp diesel with bow thruster, 3.5 foot draft. Economical to run and easy to work on if you are so inclined.

MY GB is 13 feet above water at the CB visors. The mast, bimini and antenna fold down. Not easy finding specs for height.

Early 1980's would be in your price target

What's your specific issue with twins? There might be a few shallow draft twins about
- High Bridge Clearance (although I did cut & hinge the T Top)
- 2 Engines
- Deeper draft

You’re obviously a handy guy, so how about picking up a Mainship 34 single for about $30k and remove the fly bridge

Camano Troll might be a possibility...you don’t say if it’s four adults or two grownups and two kids.

The Troll is a very solid boat and in your price point. 200 hp diesel with bow thruster, 3.5 foot draft. Economical to run and easy to work on if you are so inclined.

Two adults & 2 grown kids (teens/20's)
Will add that one to the list.

MY GB is 13 feet above water at the CB visors. The mast, bimini and antenna fold down. Not easy finding specs for height.

Early 1980's would be in your price target

I know that"folding" stuff down is an option but it can be a pain as we have to pass that bridge out & back just for a sunset cruise.

What's your specific issue with twins? There might be a few shallow draft twins about

I've had twins, 1st issue is quite frankly, double everything, ie oil changes, shafts, packing, props, transmissions, the list goes on.
Second, I want the simplicity & the all around room you get with a single engine in this size boat (30's). Overall, ease of use. When we cared about time, twins made for a faster boat (shorter run times to our destination).

You’re obviously a handy guy, so how about picking up a Mainship 34 single for about $30k and remove the fly bridge

Well, actually we were looking at the Mainship Pilot 34, there are some in our pricepoint & seems to fit the bill.

I've had twins, 1st issue is quite frankly, double everything, ie oil changes, shafts, packing, props, transmissions, the list goes on.
Second, I want the simplicity & the all around room you get with a single engine in this size boat (30's). Overall, ease of use. When we cared about time, twins made for a faster boat (shorter run times to our destination).
Good answer. Speed requirement?

Pilot sounds like a good choice.

A very important feature is engine accessibility, when I had the Luhrs 320 the 2 engines were pretty tight & there was 1 engine seacock that couldn't be reached, crazy! Also to check the transmission oil I had to basically stand on my head & forget getting to some portions of the engines when they were warm/hot, simply no room

As much as you desire a single, don't be afraid to look at a few twins. In that size range, there are plenty of shallow-ish draft boats with twins. Some have terrible engine access, some aren't bad (so make sure you get a chance to look and crawl before deciding). And within the realm of older cabin cruisers, there are more boats than anyone knows what to do with, so there are plenty of options that aren't terribly expensive in good condition.

I'm assuming that along with the desire for a single, you're looking at diesel only? If you're planning lots of usage, stick to that plan for the sake of fuel efficiency (gas will burn about double at low speed / light load). But if usage isn't going to be 200+ hours per year, the purchase price (and maintenance cost) difference buys a lot of fuel.

To keep it easy to get under a 14 foot bridge, you'll want to avoid a flybridge I think. In my case with the single upper (non-flybridge) helm, I'll clear 14 feet with just the VHF antennas dropped. Masthead light is 13'2" off the water, bimini is about 12'4".

A very important feature is engine accessibility, when I had the Luhrs 320 the 2 engines were pretty tight & there was 1 engine seacock that couldn't be reached, crazy! Also to check the transmission oil I had to basically stand on my head & forget getting to some portions of the engines when they were warm/hot, simply no room
I have to open/close one before I eat.:facepalm:

They made the Mainship 34HT (Hard Top) which came that way from the factory. The Mainship Pilot would also fit the bill.

That 14' bridge clearance is going to kill almost any flybridge boat.

They made the Mainship 34HT (Hard Top) which came that way from the factory. The Mainship Pilot would also fit the bill.

That 14' bridge clearance is going to kill almost any flybridge boat.
We love our MS 34HT and highly recommend it for 2 people. It is a much more spacious & comfortable boat than the 34P IMO but MS didn't make many 34HTs. You can find them periodically if you keep a close eye out or even have one of the larger brokers looking for you. They may hear of an owner looking to move /trade up and able to connect before it even hits the market.

There might be one still for sale in Ct. Friends getting out of boating. If the OP is serious I can try to find out.
EDIT: It has been sold.

Last edited:
We love our MS 34HT and highly recommend it for 2 people. It is a much more spacious & comfortable boat than the 34P IMO but MS didn't make many 34HTs.

It occurred to me that the OP said he needed to sleep 4. I forgot that, since we don't have guests. We love the 34T/34HT layout. We love the galley down allowing for a larger (and wider) salon. However the galley down deletes the guest berth. One can always put guests on a sleep sofa.

Or, if you're like us, we gave up boating with our non-boating friends a long time ago. We have many, many friends with boats, we boat with them. They bring their own food and beer, cook and clean for themselves.....and go back to their own boat at the end of the night. ;) LOL!!!!!

We have had a long standing saying "Don't buy a boat for friends or family". :)

It occurred to me that the OP said he needed to sleep 4. I forgot that, since we don't have guests. We love the 34T/34HT layout. We love the galley down allowing for a larger (and wider) salon. However the galley down deletes the guest berth. One can always put guests on a sleep sofa.

Or, if you're like us, we gave up boating with our non-boating friends a long time ago. We have many, many friends with boats, we boat with them. They bring their own food and beer, cook and clean for themselves.....and go back to their own boat at the end of the night. ;) LOL!!!!!

We have had a long standing saying "Don't buy a boat for friends or family". :)
My wife always had a 4 door car. when it came time to get a new one she started looking at 4 door cars. I asked why she does not consider a sporty 2 door. Well the answer was what if we have to put friends or family in the back seat. After I explained to her that she will be in the car by herself 99% of the time, the light came on and she has a nice sporty 2 door. Friends and family can climb in the back, walk or take a taxi.
She really likes the decision.

My wife always had a 4 door car. when it came time to get a new one she started looking at 4 door cars. I asked why she does not consider a sporty 2 door. Well the answer was what if we have to put friends or family in the back seat. After I explained to her that she will be in the car by herself 99% of the time, the light came on and she has a nice sporty 2 door. Friends and family can climb in the back, walk or take a taxi.
She really likes the decision.

I believe she is starting to realize that, great advice (by the way, I had a friend of mine tell me the exact same thing today).

Wifey B: Well, one of the joys of the loop for us was family and friends. Don't follow what is right for others. If having guests will enhance the experience, be open to it. :)

Wifey B: Well, one of the joys of the loop for us was family and friends. Don't follow what is right for others. If having guests will enhance the experience, be open to it. :)

said tongue in cheek.
where do you put all those people in the avatar photo boat?

said tongue in cheek.
where do you put all those people in the avatar photo boat?

Wifey B: Needless to say I didn't do the loop in my avatar boat. It sleeps two but rides 6 to 8 fine. 95% of it's use is just the two of us. Did loop in a Sunseeker Manhattan 65. :)

I love my avatar boat though, it's my Baby Riva. :)

Wifey B: Needless to say I didn't do the loop in my avatar boat. It sleeps two but rides 6 to 8 fine. 95% of it's use is just the two of us. Did loop in a Sunseeker Manhattan 65. :)

I love my avatar boat though, it's my Baby Riva. :)

:thumb:
Of course, I knew that was your tender to get ashore and have some fun. I know I would.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom