1979 Mainship II restoration

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Baloo

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Hoppy Hour
Vessel Make
Mainship 34 II
So the wife and bought an old Mainship II 34, here is the progress pics so far.

Removed the old flooring and entertainment center

IMG_0130.jpg

New 1/2” subfloor

IMG_0149.jpg

Old wall removal

IMG_0175.jpg

Wall install

IMG_0178.jpg

New walls and entertainment center build

IMG_0189.jpg

More pics.

New flooring

IMG_0228.jpg

Entertainment center painting

IMG_0352.jpg

Entertainment center just about complete

IMG_0361.jpg

Kitchen in work

IMG_0267.jpg

IMG_0290.jpg

Ready for the counter top

IMG_0387.jpg

Looking good so far. What are you going to do for countertops?

Some engine and generator projects too.

New injection pump

IMG_0160.jpg

New bulge pump

IMG_0207.jpg

Old generator on deck location

IMG_9935.jpg

Generator in its new home in the bilge

IMG_0125.jpg

New switches came it

IMG_0378.jpg

Looking good so far. What are you going to do for countertops?

Was gonna do corian, but we have been looking into epoxy now.

Last edited:
I did corian in ours and it came out very nicely. Pretty easy to do.

My makeshift workshop

IMG_0306.jpg

What stove/range did you install? Everything looks great!

Nice! New floor and walls are on my list...

Your quite the craftsman, keep up the good work. Looks great.

Small update, been busy with work.

Cleaned it up a bit

IMG_0446.jpg

Finished the galley floor

IMG_0445.jpg

Gonna take my first attempt at a poured epoxy countertop...

On deck Generator ?? Never heard of such a thing. Waste of space and no doubt NOISY! Good move putting it in the bilge.

I need to do something with my counter tops. I hate marble and stone, like Corian, never heard of "pour your own" keep the pics coming..

pete

BTW.. funny looking injection pump. What brand is the engine?

pete

I like the way you've remodeled everything. You've improved the the salon & galley while keeping the basic Mainship layout. I'm especially interested in the turnout of your poured-epoxy counter tops. We determined that's what we want to do to ours but haven't gotten to that phase of our rebuild yet. I'm happy you're the guinea pig for this project and not me!
I don't see you on the facebook Mainship group. I'm not a facebooker at all but I like it because the format is a group of Mainship boaters that are genuinely interested in learning and sharing knowledge applicable to you and your boat.

I think a 1979 would be a Mk 1 not a Mk 2

Which NextGen genny is that, 3.5 or 5.5? I have the 3.5 and with Micro-Air easy starts on my 10KBtu Dometic marine AC and my 13.5 KBtu rooftop, I can run them both. Even with just one AC, the Easy Start makes it so much easier on all the equipment,

1979 mainship

just sold my 1981 ms 1 in nov, good to see op keeping these great boats alive!! mine is now in key west, from new jersey !! original 200 hp perk ! go for ever !!

Which NextGen genny is that, 3.5 or 5.5? I have the 3.5 and with Micro-Air easy starts on my 10KBtu Dometic marine AC and my 13.5 KBtu rooftop, I can run them both. Even with just one AC, the Easy Start makes it so much easier on all the equipment,

It is the 3.5. Runs great in its new location. Still have to finish up wiring it through a transfer switch. Looking forward to power panel day! One project at a time. Right now we are building our new sofa. Lots of wood work, sewing and cussing...

Keep plugging away. Little bit by little bit and it will get done and you will have a great boat. I love the lines of the MS 34.

The couch project update:

IMG_0533.jpg

IMG_0536.jpg

Adjustments.jpg

IMG_0525.jpg

IMG_0527.jpg

IMG_0529.jpg

Welcome aboard, actually I was referring to the puppy. We have a helper, Radar the black lab.

Looks nice, who is your helper?

That is Mitch, our red healer/Jack Russel mix . He is almost a year old now and always wants to be a part of the process.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom