Ever been to Saint Pierre and Miquelon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Paul in Saudi

Veteran Member
I am reading about the exciting days of Prohibition in the US. Those were the Good Old Days for some barren, foggy, French islands off the Canadian coast, Saint Pierre and Miquelon

The French government supports them, and they have something of a fishing industry left. About 5,000 people. They want to increase tourism. In the summer it is foggy, in the winter snowy.

Have any of you been there? I rather like the idea of visiting this nearby end-of-the-world sort of place.

We have some friend living there, never been there but looks like very nice place, one that I would like to visit

I was there on a ore freighter in the winter .
and then traveled down the coast to Moncton.
I have never experienced such foul weather.

Sounds like Tangier Island.

Ever since reading Farley Mowat's The boat who wouldn't float I've dreamed of visiting. It'll probably never happen, but it sounds pretty exciting. I had enough trouble with my high-school French when I was in Quebec; not sure I'd fare any better there.

Greetings,
People seem to forget or be unaware that, minus the nations of the Caribbean, there are FOUR countries in North America. Mexico, USA, Canada and France.

Greetings,
People seem to forget or be unaware that, minus the nations of the Caribbean, there are FOUR countries in North America. Mexico, USA, Canada and France.

Lots of people don't believe it when I tell them about Saint Pierre and Miquelon. Just look at the map of the US and Canada - these islands are often not even shown!

Back
Top Bottom