Dog Permit for Bahamas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Robinini

I am just writing to give a big Thank you and shout out to Wellington of Bahamas Pet Permit online service
Bahamaspetpermit@gmail.com.

For a nominal fee, Wellington has taken the pain out of applying for and obtaining this permit. I had previously tried to apply through snail mail. After having to get out to purchase a money order to send, and after weeks of not hearing anything at all, I got a return letter returning my application, saying that I had failed to include th $1.12 VAT to the purchase. Completely frustrated I turned to the online method.
Wellington is terrific. He responds quickly by email, makes sure you have all of the documents in order, accepts payment for services through PayPal, gets your application to the right authorities, and then emails you back the completed signed permit.
Wonderful experience. Thank you Wellington for your assistance in this!
Robin Bessent

We can see him too. It's a great service.

Just used him this week. It was fast and easy and received the permit quickly by email, but.... if you are to comply with all the rules, you still have to do more steps.

For example, in addition to the permit, the permit says right on it that you also have to bring a certificate from a vet in your country of origin, completed within 48 hours prior to arrival to the Bahamas, certifying the animal is free from various diseases/viruses. It also says once you reach the Bahamas you have to visit a licensed vet in the Bahamas for examination.

Somehow, I doubt if most people do those two vet visits, but I could be wrong. For those of you who have taken a pet over, was it actually necessary to make those 2 vet visits -- 48 hours before arriving and 48 hours after? Really?

thats insane. if you arrive by your own boat you could be weeks from your home base!

Each time we went to our vet before we left Jax. It was a week before we got to Lucaya/West End/Grand, no one even bothered to ask to look at the dog doc. In fact I don't even think they cared if we had animals on board or not.

In fact a couple of years ago when I went to check in I asked if Sian could take Grace ashore for a pee while I processed and they said OK. So they knew we had a dog and still didn't ask for the doc!

Last edited:
Each time we went to our vet before we left Jax. It was a week before we got to Lucaya/West End/Grand, no one even bothered to ask to look at the dog doc. In fact I don't even think they cared if we had animals on board or not.

In fact a couple of years ago when I went to check in I asked if Sian could take Grace ashore for a pee while I processed and they said OK. So they knew we had a dog and still didn't ask for the doc!

Perhaps because they know, folks from the States are crazy (in a good way) about the health of their pets.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom