Profile picture

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom-Smith

Vessel Name
Albula
Vessel Make
Blackwell / Glen Haught
How do I upload a picture of my boat to my profile? I have tried several times, but it keeps telling me that the upload failed.
Any advice?

Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 300 by 300 pixels or 100.0 KB (whichever is smaller).

What is the size and dimensions of the image you're attempting to upload?

I shrunk it down to 200 x 150 and it is less then 20 KB

It looks good. Nice Boat!!

I screwed around with mine a lot, finally, for no apparent reason, it worked. I have posted one picture since then, it was sideways but looked OK. Can't remember how I did that either.

pete

Occasionally my photos post sideways or upside down and I can’t figure out why since I do it the same way each time...

Landscape format photos on a smartphone. The phone, and in many cases, the app the image is viewed on, auto-rotates the image when the actual image on file is sideways because that is the way the device was being held when the image was taken.

Usually, if I manually rotate and save the image is uploads correctly.

How do I change the boat picture in my Profile?

I think you mean the little photo that goes beside every post?

Go to User CP in the very top menu on the left.

Then click on Edit Avatar on the left side bar and upload a photo. Be mindful of the size limitations.

I'm not having any luck uploading my profile pic either, even though I've reduced it down to 250 x 165 px (40.1 KB). Any advise appreciated.

I'm not having any luck uploading my profile pic either, even though I've reduced it down to 250 x 165 px (40.1 KB). Any advise appreciated.

What is the file suffix (jpeg, png?)

You already have a profile picture, see attached. Are you trying to get a photo that shows on the left side of a post, if so that is called an avatar picture in the User CP........:thumb:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-02-02 at 5.08.01 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-02-02 at 5.08.01 PM.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 14
Perfect now you have it, nice looking vessel!
Also welcome to the forum..........

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-02-02 at 5.20.36 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-02-02 at 5.20.36 PM.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 13
Thank you Mike / rochepoint, very nice to be here. As with so many in this forum, she's a work in progress.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom