Aftermarket Heat Exchanger Source

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PMF1984

Guru
Vessel Name
Wanderer
Vessel Make
Pilgrim 40
Any thoughts/experiences about the potential differences in quality between an aftermarket heat exchanger from AAA Marine Parts Wholesale, from Mr. Cool, or a Seakamp unit?

John

Last edited:
Any thoughts/experiences about the potential differences in quality between an aftermarket heat exchanger from AAA Marine Parts Wholesale, from Mr. Cool, or a Seakamp unit? John

John
What engine? How much could you save vs OEM?

Seakamp quality is excellent. I installed their CuNi heat exchanger, transmission and oil coolers on my FL 120 a couple years ago.

As far as price, I get better wholesale prices from Seakamp than I receive from others. I'm not sure what the retail price differences are.

Last edited:
I bought a exchanger for my Westerbeek generator this winter from AAA and was very satisfied. The replacement turned out to be a Sea Kemp which I have on my Lehman main engines. Good price and excellent service.

You should contact Sen-Dure in Ft. Lauderdale, who makes about any kind of HE you can imagine. Not sure if they sell direct to consumer IIRC they once did. Very high quality.

E-Mail us at: sen-dure@att.net
Phone: 954-973-1260

Sealkamp is the only one that we have experience with. Quality has been excellent. I’ve never heard of any issues.

You should contact Sen-Dure in Ft. Lauderdale, who makes about any kind of HE you can imagine. Not sure if they sell direct to consumer IIRC they once did. Very high quality.

E-Mail us at: sen-dure@att.net
Phone: 954-973-1260

Second Sen-Dure. Used them for Onan gen on 2 separate boats, great price along with quick service.

Second Sen-Dure. Used them for Onan gen on 2 separate boats, great price along with quick service.

Coincidentally, that was what I used them for as well, after referrals by several happy customers conformed the mechanic's rec.

Bought a Seakamp last year, very good quality, painted with primer so ready to be paint in your favorite color.

L

Chances are it is the same unit, no matter who sells it. The units I bought from Mr. Cool were Seakamps, Sendures, and Orcas.

Mr. Cool was food about tracking down the right parts and cross shipping for a fast fix for the one that was a miss. They gave a discount for the bulk order, too.

John
What engine? How much could you save vs OEM?

The “OEM” unit is over $1400 vs. $580 or so for a copper/nickel unit. This is for a Westerbeke 100.

I ordered a Seakamp CuNi unit.

Mine is weeping at the drain plug, weeping at the intake connection, and weeping in the back somewhere where it contacts the block. [emoji22]

Most manufacturers don't make their own heat exchangers, they buy from manufacturers who specialize in that. When I replaced the transmission cooler on my C series Cummins, the dealer said I could have the same unit Cummins buys without a Cummins box for about half the price. Kind of a no brainer.

Ted

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom