View Single Post
Old 02-18-2020, 09:26 AM   #20
Vadim

City: Rockville, MD.
Vessel Name: Libra
Vessel Model: Island Gypsy 36 Trawler
5G is not out yet. FCC conducting spectrums auctions. All cellular service providers are falls advertising 5G Nationwide Coverage or Verizon our 5G is 10x faster than your 5G. Wow, someone would actually believe it. just type 5g false advertising in google and read. Or visit FCC website https://www.fcc.gov/5G and read.
5G is a major upgrade, it would take a while to deploy. Not every pease of the puzzle is available yet. It will be, but not yet.
Same about 4K, 8K, 16K, high frame rate, HDR and so on. It cost 100's of billions $ to upgrade from NTSC to HDTV 1080i/720p to 1080p to FullHD HDR. And that was just in the last 20 years.
Well I sound like a pessimist, no I am all about technology, I just hate when it is miss-represented and miss-advertised.
My friend was bragging me about her new $1000.00 5G phone and new service few months ago. I just told her Well Here is your sign. And walk away from this conversation.
Please educate yourself, get information from reputable sources before you buy anything in todays world.
Vadim is offline   Reply With Quote