Hendo's Randall 35 Cray Boat complete rebuild, Perth, Western Australia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Matt - Don't undersell yourself for a second bro!

You really are a one in 10 million person! You have what is often referred to as being filled with unusual abilities that give you "IT". You really do have "IT"!

"IT" provides many different stances in many different persons "nature". There are great singers with "IT". Great actors with "IT". Great artist painters with "IT". Great race car drivers with "IT". One thing you notice is that the word "IT is kissen cousin to the word Great.

You my mate are a Great boat restoration refurbisher who currently owns your own "IT" for dreaming and then defining, beginning, manifesting and Greatly completing what only one in 10 million persons could [or would] do.

You my friend have "IT" in this forum. I'm honored to have met you this way and been able to follow your amazing boat-rebuild path through this modern age of high tech communications!

Cheers!

Art

Adjustments.JPG

Hey I’m from WA too!

I've been reading this post for years, without commenting. And now it has finally dawned on me - Matt is not building a boat, he's building a museum piece :thumb:

I've been reading this post for years, without commenting. And now it has finally dawned on me - Matt is not building a boat, he's building a museum piece :thumb:

A beautiful piece of marine history that has been personally built to museum quality... That will cruise, fish and please Matt and Flic for years to come! :thumb:

This morning I detail polished the fwd hatches and the white surrounds. After that I cut out the ceiling panels for the remaining two hatches then painted some nonskid on the storage hatch lid then this afternoon my boatyard neighbour popped in to plastic weld up the batten screw holes in the rubrails and I ran around behind him with the belt sander sanding them smooth

IMG_6429.jpg
IMG_6430.jpg
Adjustments.jpg
IMG_6443.jpg
IMG_6444.jpg
IMG_6464.jpg
IMG_6453.jpg
IMG_6466.jpg

Last edited:
Okay, let's come to the chase. Is the boat going to splash this summer?
LOL

Yes sir she is.

Matt

I AM Excited for You! Details, baby... you're tending to the pre SPLASH details! :D

PS: Although we can hardly wait... No one should at all hold it on you for a splash of SOLSTICE this year, I surely am not... Take whatever time you need to feel comfortable as possible.... at the... BIG, BIG SPLASH!! :thumb:

Your Bud - Art

Hey, thems is some fine lookin hatchy bits ya got there.

Noice m8.

Matt

I AM Excited for You! Details, baby... you're tending to the pre SPLASH details! :D

PS: Although we can hardly wait... No one should at all hold it on you for a splash of SOLSTICE this year, I surely am not... Take whatever time you need to feel comfortable as possible.... at the... BIG, BIG SPLASH!! :thumb:

Your Bud - Art

Thanks mate :)

Summer in the north begins after the end of May.
OR if you are brave, after the ice goes out. Of course in Alaska, end of June??? Folks in Alaska even have a contest for when the ice breaks up. The jackpot gets larger and larger every year. They have a fancy gadget that senses the ice break up. It used to be a log sticking up then someone put a flag on the top of the log, now, the log tied into an on shore electronic indicator.
In Mich, when your pickup truck falls through the ice. Other indicators can be, when you ice fishing house falls through the ice (then you have to retrieve it) and the final one, to my knowledge, is when your ice boat falls though the ice. (dont ask me how I know that one.)
At the end of the season, there is always a group of folks who get trapped on an ice flow. LOL Thankfully no one has lost their lives when this happens. Some good souls and the USCG do the rescuing.
I dont miss those ice boating days or those cold, wet winter days at all.
Then there was the one winter I worked in the northern Alberta. That's another story I shall save for another day.
When I worked in south Georgia, some folks bragged about never leaving their county. IMO, they have missed out on so much in life but, they were content. That too is another story.

Last edited:
This afternoon I detail polished the gunwales and paint touched up a couple of spots then latex out the drop sheets and cleaned up a bit.IMG_6523.jpg
IMG_6524.jpg

Always foo to tidy up a project as it evolves!

Finally the detail polishing on the fwd section is done. After that I fitted the starboard side window rubbers then fitted the last bit of stainless steel cabling to the bow rail then went inside to start cleaning up. Hopefully tomorrow I’ll finish the detail polishing on the starboard side and transom so I can carry on with the fitout next week.

IMG_6545.jpg
IMG_6546.jpg
IMG_6547.jpg
IMG_6548.jpg

Matt, you are creating a fine stallion [named SOLSTICE]. Go - Horsy! GOOOO!!!!

The external topcoat work is finished! Yewww.... Well 99% finished. She’ll get another quick detail polish and wax before I launch her in August but for now she’s done!. I had a couple of hours up my sleeve so I went inside and began grinding off the foam I stuck on a few years ago. I wasn’t 100% happy with having fabric in the stateroom next to the shower and the toilet so I’ve stripped it all off and will reapply some new foam and probably go with the vinyl like I stuck on the helm.

IMG_6561.jpg
IMG_6562.jpg
IMG_6565.jpg
IMG_6567.jpg
IMG_6570.jpg
IMG_6572.jpg
IMG_6575.jpg
IMG_6576.jpg
IMG_6577.jpg

My God Matt... You still have quite a bit to do. Everything you've completed is really, really nice. Excellent is the word! :dance:

My suggestion is to get the exterior completely finished and then Launch her. Interior can be completed while afloat. As well, ballast types and areas will become recognized and drive line can be tried out /dialed in. :thumb:

I believe that SOLSTICE being in the water will provide a whole new outlook and energy source.

Floating boat-life will surely place ear to ear smiles on Flic's and your faces!
:D:D

I'm pulling for you mate! :socool:

Cheers!

Art

Last edited:
My God Matt... You still have quite a bit to do. Everything you've completed is really, really nice. Excellent is the word! :dance:

My suggestion is to get the exterior completely finished and then Launch her. Interior can be completed while afloat. As well, ballast types and areas will become recognized and drive line can be tried out /dialed in. :thumb:

I believe that SOLSTICE being in the water will provide a whole new outlook and energy source.

Floating boat-life will surely place ear to ear smiles on Flic's and your faces!
:D:D

I'm pulling for you mate! :socool:

Cheers!

Art

No mate. She’ll be launched when she is finished.

Hey Matty,

That's some weird green fungus you've got growing on your arm there.

I hope that's not corona virus.

:flowers:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom