Hello from Malta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ismar1

Vessel Name
ISMAR I
Vessel Make
Belliure 48
Hello to everyone, have been following this forum for quite a while.
Registered about 2 months ago.
Thought I make my first post as intro. Never been a member in any forums before so might do some mistakes in my posts, for which I apologize beforehand.
Very interesting topics especially advice/solutions to problems given by first hand experiences.
Thanks to all
Edward

Welcome.

We visited Malta several years back and enjoyed seeing the massive walls built on the shoreline. Wished we had a boat to use and cruise the area. Tell us more about your boat!

Welcome Aboard !

Malta, right..Where's Malta?

pete

Welcome to the forum! :)

Malta is definitely an interesting place.

I got to spend two weeks there a few years back. I spent a glorious Saturday snorkeling off a chartered sailboat. One of the best weekends I've ever spent while on a business trip! :dance::thumb::socool:

Jim

Welcome aboard Edward, please do share your cruising grounds. A joy to hear from other far off places.
Cheers

I have always wanted to see Malta. My first stop would be to see Faith, Hope, and Charity.

I have always wanted to see Malta. My first stop would be to see Faith, Hope, and Charity.
I think only Faith still exists in the war museum in Valletta.

I loved my visit to Malta.

Welcome aboard ismar1!

Last edited:
I think only Faith still exists in the war museum in Valletta.

I loved my visit to Malta.

Welcome aboard ismar1!

I believe that’s correct. Probably one the best war stories ever, talk about warriors, this is a story for the ages.
And Welcome Aboard

Welcome Edward. Always nice to have additional perspectives. Looks like you have a nice boat. Tell us about her.

Hello again
Thank you all for your warm welcome, already feel like I am one of you.
Malta is a tiny island in the middle of the Med sea, just 50 miles south of Sicily.
Yes I do believe we still have one of the war planes in the museum, remember seeing it back in my school days when as students we used to have educational visits to such places.
As for the boat, it`s a Belliure 48 trawler, bought the boat last year and at present doing a lot of odd jobs, you know, making it mine.
It`s a Spanish boat with 3 cabins and another crew cabin, pilot house and flybridge.
Powered with twin VP 430 hp, cruises at 15, max 19.
Cruising area Malta, of course, Sicily and neighboring small island, although when I bought the boat made the trip from Barcelona to here visiting Menorca and Sardegna.
Thank you all again
Edward

Have you visited the house where Queen Elizabeth and Prince Phillip lived as newlyweds? As I recall, last article I read described how it had fallen into disrepair.

Last edited:
Recently talks were held with the Royal Family to have the house restored

Back
Top Bottom