Hello to Everyone.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ruvel

Vessel Name
Nueva Paz
Vessel Make
Crownline 210 CCR
Hi everyone, as you might have guessed, my name is Ruvel. I'm from Queens, NY. I'm very new to boating and currently own a Crownline 210 CCR which my family and I have enjoyed for the last three seasons. It's trailered so it's been around including the Florida Keys but I do hope someday owning a long range trawler such as a 42 Kadey Krogen to take my wife and I on faraway cruises.

Ruvel

Welcome Aboard.

A 42 foot KK is quite a jump from a 21 cuddy. I hope your finances are in order because I see the potential for some serious "sticker shock"

pete

Ruvel,
Welcome to the Forum. KK 42, great boat. Remember to "put aside" a decent sized budget (maybe 10% of purchase price) for things like catching up on maintenance, updating, repairing, changes, and "making it your own". It is amazing how fast the moola "flies out the door". For us crazy boaters, well worth it! :)

Welcome to TF, and please keep us posted on how you do with your search.

Thank you all. I will keep everyone posted once I start seriously looking into buying a trawler, as we know it requires lots of $$$, in the meanwhile I'll continue soaking up the great information and advice this forum has to offer.

Ruvel

Welcome from one that grew up in Queens.
I think of it as a great place to be from but no offense intended I'm just a country boy at heart.
You might consider one of the many trailerable trawlers as an interim step if you want to continue exploring those far away places that are not within easy cruising distance.

Welcome. We went from a 25' Regal cuddy to a Tollycraft 44 last year. It's been wonderful to have the bigger boat, but we had a blast for 14 years on the Regal. We towed it all over the north east and did some awesome cruising and exploration. If you have not been to 1000 Islands or Lake Champlain yet, you are in for a treat. I highly recommend that you take your boat up the Hudson and Champlain Canal all the way to Lake Champlain and Canada, it's an amazing trip. Research the Golden Triangle Cruise, we did that in 2018 and it was fantastic.

Your post #7 says that you are aware that getting into trawlers requires a lot of $$$. This is simply not so. Sure a 42 foot K.K., Nordhaven or other blue water boats of recent vintage will set you back a substantial amount of change but in many instances people get close to what checks all their "boxes" for way under $100 thousand.

Look at what you want, look at your budget and buy sooner rather than later. Waiting until you save or can afford a million dollar trawler might mean you never actually get boating.

pete

Welcome Ruvel,
You will find the right boat if your heart is set to do so. Take your time have fun and look at a lot of models. There are some great deals out there at favorable prices Dont be afraid to make a low ball offer. Good luck

Thank you, I've been looking in Lake Champlain and will definitely look into further now.

You're absolutely right Pete, wait to long and it'll never happen. My plan is by the time I'm 60, which is in a little more than 5 years to have a decent trawler and the know hows to at a minimum cruise the islands, if not more. The good news is the wife is okay with all my dreaming, she thinks I'm crazy anyway, till she finds herself in the middle of the Atlantic, haha! lol!

Welcome aboard! Try a charter for a week to see how you like it.

Welcome. We went from a 25' Regal cuddy to a Tollycraft 44 last year. It's been wonderful to have the bigger boat, but we had a blast for 14 years on the Regal. We towed it all over the north east and did some awesome cruising and exploration. If you have not been to 1000 Islands or Lake Champlain yet, you are in for a treat. I highly recommend that you take your boat up the Hudson and Champlain Canal all the way to Lake Champlain and Canada, it's an amazing trip. Research the Golden Triangle Cruise, we did that in 2018 and it was fantastic.

HaHa he gets this big boat and talks a storm about about his adventures on the other boat. An in the past 25 footer.
I do the same w my 30’ boat of 14 yrs and the other boat (6 yrs) a 25’ Albin. Just a few days ago I said on TF I’d like to have it back. HaHa on me.

Last edited:
HaHa he gets this big boat and talks a storm about about his adventures on the other boat. An in the past 25 footer.
I do the same w my 30’ boat of 14 yrs and the other boat (6 yrs) a 25’ Albin. Just a few days ago I said on TF I’d like to have it back. HaHa on me.

I did have 14 years to have fun on the 25' boat and less than a year on the new one, so there was a lot more time to make memories on the old one and they are all dear to me. I did, however, put 200+ hours on the new one last year and no regrets at all. Just wanted to encourage the OP to enjoy what they have now.

Just wanted to encourage the OP to enjoy what they have now.

Haha, no worries, I have definitely been and will continue enjoying my 21 footer whether or not I get a bigger boat. I don't intend on getting rid of it.
Besides, if my next boat is big enough, I'll use it as a tender, lol!

Back
Top Bottom