long-cours.62
Guru

City: Szczecin
Vessel Name: Dryade
Vessel Model: Trawler 72
The propellers

Quote:
Originally Posted by manyboats View Post
PhilFill, wrote ..."Are the twin keels strong enough to support the weight of the boat?"
Very very doubtful I'd guess. I do'nt think this boat was designed to be careened.
longcourse,
Close enough. I can see the QBB lines aft and see that it's quite raked and thus steep at the keel (or on center line) and very close to flat at the chine. So the QUARTER beam buttock line is still a moderately steep so I think I was right in the first place as I recall saying it was not quite a FULL disp hull.....in other words it's not as full a disp. hull as it could be. It's better ....I think, than most full disp hulls and the smaller the boat gets the better the hull becomes until it's so narrow it lacks the stability to be of any general practical use. I would love to change Willy into a boat w this hull about 34' long. I'd probably want to add some ballast but the result would be far better than Willy in my opinion. I wish there were 35 to 40 yr old trawlers w a hull like this as I'd probably buy one. Thank's so much for sharing longcourse62.

Our sterntubes pass in the "twin keels" but they are not twin keel because they are lot aft.
As you can on the pages of number above you have 41 section from the bow to the stern
the "twin keels" begin at the number 28+ and finish around 33.
When we stay ashore or for the tide, the main weight of boat and the main point of contact (if not A vicious rock ) it is between N+ 16 and 18 this point is very strong : watertight bulkhead and pillar (200X200X10)for the mini mast (but sized for an eventually normal sized mast ,just in case and the bottom of the hull at this place is near flat and 1 m wide , the plating of the bottom is 16 mm thick.
Aft it si the 'fin ' who protect and support the rudder.
The base of the "twin keels" at this moment touch the floor
And for more stability we put our daggers board down and block them in this position.
We need nothing more for stay ashore.

For the ballast we have already 6300 pounds and before we had mainly sailing boats it is why we concentrate (as possible) the weight and design a relatively low profile .
It is why we got a (too?) big stability with short roll period...
When we roll in moderate weather we are thinking may be it is a mistake and when we are in bad weather we are thinking it is a good idea
long-cours.62 is offline   Reply With Quote