Have you had one?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Canadian built hulls. Lots of 24's around. some 35's and I saw a 44' on YW. No frills, seem solid built boats. That 35 in Indiantown needs some love.

Saw a bunch of them, some with outboard, some with inboard. They are looking very nice but maybe on the small size for what I saw.

L

Rosborough built that style of boat for a generation in several different lengths and configurations. My old yacht club bought an open 19' boat from them in the mid 1970s for use as a tender and it's still in daily operation. Nova Scotia work boat heritage, solid no nonsense construction.

The RFS246 started life there, but the more modern ones were built in the US by a different builder.

I think Eastern Marine in N.H May have the 24 mold these days. They are very popular trailer able boats. Outboard, IO and some inboard versions made.

It would be helpful to have the vessel Make in the title and/or body of the E-mail. Otherwise this is a very cryptic post.

Thanks all......I just saw the smaller models with the outboards and then this. Ive seen many of the models on repeatedly on the "for sale" listings but the first for this name brand.

Rf-35

Canadian built hulls. Lots of 24's around. some 35's and I saw a 44' on YW. No frills, seem solid built boats. That 35 in Indiantown needs some love.

I purchased the Indiantown Rossi, and all I can say is looks are deceptive. I purchased the boat sight unseen for an embarrassing low price. I had a survey done after the purchase for insurance purposes and the survey found nothing wrong with her other than the exterior grime. The insurance value was five times the purchase price. I was able to track down the original owner, who had the boat custom built in 1984-1985 for close to $450K Canadian. When I called Rosborough in Halifax, they said it was a custom built fast trawler.

The interior is spotless, it has every bell and whistle including two bow thrusters, auto pilot, older radar, 3500w inverter, 650 watts of solar, 15K diesel heating system. The exterior looked awful. It was ash residue from the sugarcane burn offs. 10 gallons of 30 Sec Outdoor House cleaner from Lowe’s and some minor elbow grease was all it took to remove the exterior grime. The boat will be heading north this spring.

Sweet. Sounds like a great find. Good luck with the boat.

I purchased the Indiantown Rossi, and all I can say is looks are deceptive. I purchased the boat sight unseen for an embarrassing low price. I had a survey done after the purchase for insurance purposes and the survey found nothing wrong with her other than the exterior grime. The insurance value was five times the purchase price. I was able to track down the original owner, who had the boat custom built in 1984-1985 for close to $450K Canadian. When I called Rosborough in Halifax, they said it was a custom built fast trawler.

The interior is spotless, it has every bell and whistle including two bow thrusters, auto pilot, older radar, 3500w inverter, 650 watts of solar, 15K diesel heating system. The exterior looked awful. It was ash residue from the sugarcane burn offs. 10 gallons of 30 Sec Outdoor House cleaner from Lowe’s and some minor elbow grease was all it took to remove the exterior grime. The boat will be heading north this spring.

This post would be better with pics! :hello:

Sounds like you scored! Congrats! Post some pics of het cleaned up when you can.

I’m heading to Indiantown next weekend with a load of supplies. I’ll post some pictures...BTW, that 30 Second Outdoor House Cleaner is amazing as a marine stain remover. It also will destroy your clothing...lol.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom