Does This Boat Exist?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

steelydon

Vessel Name
Legacy
Vessel Make
Ocean Alexander 48E
I have been cruising an Eagle 40 since 2015 and have been very satisfied with the boat which does what it was designed to do. While it is an ideal couples boat I spend a lot of time moving the boat with friends onboard and sharing the queen berth is not an option.

So I find myself looking for a boat with a second cabin. Not a VIP berth with an en-suite head just a place with bunks for 1-2 guys to crash on a 3-5 day trip.

And while I’m looking it should be a pilothouse with an upper station, single cummins engine, solid construction (at least below the waterline), flybridge capable of storing the dink, port and starboard access to side decks and speed up to 14-15 knots. $300K+/- The 42 Nordic Tug comes as close as anything but may be beyond my budget of $300K.

No larger than 46’ since I still wash and wax myself. I have been checking YW for over a year and am convinced I’m chasing a unicorn.

Any ideas?

Don

If you could settle for twins of a different brand without a pilothouse, how about a 38 Californian like this? Saw one with twin 3208s that would probably fit the bill otherwise. Probably a 13-14 kt boat.

The Mainship 350/390/400 would meet much of what you are looking for although I think they usually have Yanmars.

NP43 if it has the speed.
OP, you may need top compromise on something. Otherwise, wait until someone posts a unicorn,with a pilothouse,2 helms, big Cummins, 2nd cabin/cupboard, dinghy storage,etc.

A 45 Cherubini Independence with a 450 C Cummins should fit the bill. You will need to add trim tabs to make it a smooth planing boat. The upper steering station was an option on some, but easy enough to add. Solid fiberglass below the waterline. Large upper boat deck. The one short fall is no side decks behind the pilothouse. IMO, the stern docking station is a much bigger advantage than the upper station.

Ted

how about a Fathom 40 ? they plane with the 450 single cummins engine

A 45 Cherubini Independence with a 450 C Cummins should fit the bill. You will need to add trim tabs to make it a smooth planing boat.
Ted

is that in the price range? if i only had a few 100k laying around

The Cherubini looks a little out of my price range. The Fathom ticks the boxes but it has that high 40' Nordhavn profile and is closer to $400K than $300K.

The Millennium Nordic comes about as close as I've seen. I guess what I really want is an Eagle with the added features which ain't going to happen.

Don

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom