View Single Post
Old 01-12-2020, 10:43 AM   #11
Okydowky

City: Cortes Island
Vessel Name: Bygone
Vessel Model: 40' TollyCraft Sundeck
Hi Pete, it’s a 1988! Lol so 31 ok possibly 32 yrs old. So probably needs tanks, buuut never had teak decks so maybe there is hope there is a few more years left in them. Or plan on doing them while I’m younger and back is so so still.

Engines are twin 90 FL with 2700 hrs, have not seen maintenance records.

I realize pricing is always how much some is really willing to pay for your boat. I think I have seen every trawler from coast to coast for sale or already owned, with prices all over the map. People pay a lot for the prestige of the high end models and other are frugal and have no problems with soft decks and pealing window trims.

I don’t need prestige, just good bones and enough boat left that we can restore to its former glory.

The tank swap cost isn’t a huge deal or the work. The bonus is you check a lot things off your list of upgrades and add piece of mind for many years. I Have to make sure she is the one....thats all.! It’s a lot of money for nothing if she isn’t.

Lol, I am guilty of lying on the couch with a gitty smile on my face as my wife peaks over my shoulder and I am looking at possibly my new engine room. Or turning the grey rails back to the brilliance they once were. Yes I know don’t get attached....

On the down side for us is we live aways from the boat so nothing will happen quick unless we hire it out. And did I mention we are not rich, and I strongly believe it you want it done right you do it yourself.

Troy
Okydowky is offline   Reply With Quote