New vessel, new year, new member

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Chenil
Vessel Make
1969 33' Concorde Pilothouse
Hello from the Great Lakes Region and Lake Ontario. I joined in August to read up on trawlers as I was planning to sell my sailboat and move to the dark side (again). Late October before I found the perfect boat (for me, although not a trawler per se) and look forward to future cruising and reading the posts from all the members.

Attachments

• Concorde2.png
    Concorde2.png
    83.5 KB · Views: 264
Welcome and share some more pics of your new boat

We have had the discussion on the definition of a trawler often on this site.
I think it is in the mind of the owner. If you think your boat is a trawler, it is a trawler.

Welcome Aboard,

pete

Thanks Pete - it was actually reading this forum over a number of months that lead me to exactly that conclusion. Started out looking for a trawler but then discovered just how many other options there were. Never thought I'd end up in a crab boat but she's perfect for my lifestyle.

Welcome aboard from Lake Huron. Nice boat, congrats.

We have had the discussion on the definition of a trawler often on this site.
I think it is in the mind of the owner. If you think your boat is a trawler, it is a trawler.

Welcome Aboard,

pete

I am afraid even my supple mind cannot bend enough to call my boat a trawler, but I have been here since the beginning and can't find a reason to leave. :blush:

Your boat is the same year as mine and if it is this boat, it is in incredible shape:

https://kingstonyachtsales.com/boat_listing.php?id=770

Hope you have many great memories.
Thanks rsn48. PO said she sat is a field for 20 years before he acquired for a rebuild. Took over 10 years, so a real labour of love. Everything brand new except the hull, which I am told, may leave a scratch on a rock should it hit one. Don't know anything about Concordes only that I had to have her once I saw the listing.

Nice looking boat. That looks like a perfect boat for the Great Lakes and the rough waters that quickly blow up.

But, like ASD said, it would also be a perfect boat for the PNW waters.

Thanks all for the kind welcome. Pictures to follow.

Welcome and congrats
She appears to be in great shape for her age. Should work very well for cruising in your area, which we happen to love and visit frequently.

Welcome aboard :thumb:

Apparently, the $70,000,000.00 Lotto Max winning ticket was purchased in Ontario. If it was you, are you going to buy a bigger boat?

Back
Top Bottom