Recent retirees new to group.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Second Round

Vessel Name
(1) Second Round & (2) Catharsis
Vessel Make
(1) power/trawler & (2) Sailing Trimaran
Thanks for the add. I assume my wife will also be joining in next couple of days. We are (currently) Great Lakes boaters. I have been a life long boater (parents built a water front home in 1954 when I was a kid). Now both retired empty nesters we are expanding our time aboard. We recently sold our twin engine 35’ express cruiser and actively shopping for a more comfortable trawler. We also have a performance sailing trimaran. (Married about 43 yrs, ... technically I’m the sailor, and wife is the powerboater)
Looking forward from learning from this forum. And as a Great Lakes boater since early 1970s might be able to help out with some of those cruising topics.

You have to get another boat, you belong to a yacht club for pete's sake. I also come from a Navy, then sailing background but I'm done with the physicality of sailing, so nice to get on the boat, turn the key and go.

And you got rid of a twin engine 35' express cruiser, heck you already got rid of the perfect boat... lol. But think of all that room you'll have on that trawler, favouring any brands yet?

You have to get another boat, you belong to a yacht club for pete's sake. I also come from a Navy, then sailing background but I'm done with the physicality of sailing, so nice to get on the boat, turn the key and go.

And you got rid of a twin engine 35' express cruiser, heck you already got rid of the perfect boat... lol. But think of all that room you'll have on that trawler, favouring any brands yet?

Well ... we are not currently boat less, but researching boats for the next life cruising chapter.
The referenced express cruiser was an interesting size, big and fast enough to get up and go, but a bit cramped for extended cruising time (now retired) aboard. We now have time to go slower with more comfort. Our primary cruising areas are northern Lakes Huron & Michigan and points east e.g. Les Cheneaux Islands, Drummond Isl, Canadian Georgian Bay. Plan to expand our range. Wife is sending me listings routinely. Several models considering e.g. Kady Krogan 42, similar, etc.

Welcome and good luck with your search. Take us with you on the shopping trips.

Greg.

2nd, welcome to TF and good luck with the boat search. As a former Michigander (Saginaw and Point Lookout) I'm familiar with the beautiful waters you mentioned cruising in. A nice trawler would be a great boat for those areas.

Welcome to TF and to your new season in life

Back
Top Bottom