Staying signed in

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

koliver

Guru
Site Team
Vessel Name
Retreat
Vessel Make
C&L 44
New computer after Christmas.
Now I can't stay signed in to this Forum. Even when I have simply walked away from my computer, while signed in, when I come back, I can pick up a thread where I left it, but as soon as I go to a different thread, my signin expires, the "linear view" switches from new posts up to new posts down and I have to sign in to be allowed to post.
Is there a setting somewhere that I can change to stay signed in?
It is a Windows 10, Lenovo laptop.

When I have cleaned my machine I have to log in again. When logging in as part of the page is a little box " please remember me" which must be clicked.

Maybe this is not your problem but if missed maybe.

When I have cleaned my machine I have to log in again. When logging in as part of the page is a little box " please remember me" which must be clicked.

Maybe this is not your problem but if missed maybe.

I don't get that "please remember me" offered. I click "log in" and am in instantly.
Every time I close the lid on my computer, I need to log in again when I open it up again.

It will be something that is cleaning your browser cookies. I have Ccleaner that scrubs browser cookies when I close it and have lost auto log in until I go to exclude place and add the link I want left alone.
With CC I had to first log in to TF, stay logged on and then go to exclude cleaning that /this web site.

Close ALL browser sessions and flush your browser cache. IF you use Google Chrome, then launch a new browser session in Incognito Mode.

The behavior your describing would be occurring if you had a cached session cookie. Session cookies are cached in memory by default. A persistent session cookie would be written to disk in a temp file and applied to all browser sessions sending requests to web servers using the same cookie domain.

TF does not use persistent session cookies to my knowledge. When I close all browser sessions and flush the browser cache, I am prompted to logon again.

Back
Top Bottom