• Trawler Forum Classified Posting Guidelines
    • We expect ads placed to be related to the topic of this forum.
    • Ads that are inactive for 180 days or longer may be moved to the Classified Archive and locked. Ads may be relisted if the item is still current. Alternatively, owners may contact a Moderator to reinstate an archived ad.
    • The Classified section is for advertising, members are asked to refrain from posting discussions to a Classified Ad. Please start a discussion thread or PM the owner for discussions.
    • Do not hijack another member's ad by posting unsolicited commentary. Example: if a member has posted an ad offering an anchor for sale, don't add a post to his thread stating that you have an anchor you'd like to get rid of also. Posts deemed as unsolicited commentary may be removed.
    • For your own security, do NOT include your e-mail or phone number in your ad. Instead request that interested parties contact you via PM (private message) to provide owners contact info.
    • Brokers, Dealers, or those with a commercial interest in a sale are prohibited from posting in Classifieds.
    • Only Trawler Forum Commercial Members may post ads in the Commercial section. You must be a designated Commercial Member to start threads in this section of the forum. (Contact a moderator if you have questions about this)
    • Don't post links to commercial sites where you are also offering the boat, such as eBay, Craigslist or Yachtworld, etc. unless it contains a more in-depth description, additional information or pictures.
    • Place only one ad per item (you may repost only when your ad has expired and been removed).
    For Sale ads MUST include:
    • Asking price
    • Clear statement whether you are the owner or non-owner (posting for friend, relative, or acquaintance)
    • Don't forget to select: FOR SALE, WANTED or FREE in the Title block.
    All ads should also include ALL the following:
    • Pertinent maintenance and condition information
    • Exterior picture or pictures
    • Interior picture or pictures (boats)
    For maximum impact & exposure, it is suggested the Ad Title include: Year, Manufacturer, Model, Length, Price, and Location or at the very top of the ad body. When your item has sold or the ad is no longer relevant: Please post a Reply to the ad that the item is SOLD or click "Report Post" on post 1 of the thread to ask a moderator to archive the ad. Ads may be moved or removed by our staff at any time for any reason. All ads must comply with site rules. Thanks for your cooperation.
  • Avoid Scams.

Our classifieds are free and anyone registered here is welcome to post an ad.
    Be aware that there are unscrupulous folks out there. Avoid any interaction that seems odd to you or �feels� wrong. Inquiries from unknown buyers, buyers �agents� and other non-traditional approaches should be treated with extreme caution.

Beware of unsolicited contacts offering to put you in touch with someone else who is buying or selling via e-mail or text.

Do not post your e-mail address or phone number in a classifieds ad.

Hints that you may be dealing with a Scammer:
    • Seller or Buyer approaches you via a direct email or PM and then steers you to an off-site communication method (text or email).
    • No posts or very few forum posts.
    • Recent forum membership
    • Insists on conducting negotiations via email or text rather than PM
    • Requires payment via Bank Transfer, BitCoin/CryptoCurrency, WesternUnion or other unsecured method.
    • Buyer or Seller suggests Paypal "Friends and Family" payment. Paypal is a good way to arrange payment but an invoice for goods and services should be used rather than "Friends and Family". "Friends and Family" avoids fees BUT there is no recourse if the transaction runs aground. Friends and Family is for gifts only. There is no protection for Friends and Family transactions, so never ever use it to buy something.
    • Declines to allow viewing the item before proceeding with the transaction.

Wanted:Hatteras 48 LRC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hornloaded

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
New Adventure
Vessel Make
McKinna 48PH
Looking for a Hatteras 48 LRC on the west coast. Preferably in need of updating.

Have you looked on Yachtworld? There is one in Isleton, CA for $145K.

Have you looked on Yachtworld? There is one in Isleton, CA for $145K.

I’m pretty sure that one belongs to TF member SCARY.

Steve is a great guy, but I think he has moved on from boating.

He bought it in 2010 I think for around $250K is memory is correct.

If you decide to inquire about the Hatteras in Isleton, Marc Bay at Bay Yachts is right next door to the boats location at Willow Berm Marina. He is an excellent broker in my estimation. Our experience with the listing broker for the Hatteras in question was, ahem, less than ideal when we were in the market for a larger boat.

Loaded, there's an old ~55' Hatt in the slip next to me, owned by a local guy who hasn't been on board for several years. The mechanic who takes care of my boat also cares for the Hatt, but he also said it hasn't had any maintenance done for a few years.

I'll PM you with the mechanic's name. Tell him you heard about the boat from the guy whose Sea Ray he takes care of and he'll know the boat you're calling about.

I’m pretty sure that one belongs to TF member SCARY.

Steve is a great guy, but I think he has moved on from boating.

He bought it in 2010 I think for around $250K is memory is correct.

Actually I think that boat is owned by TF member rjwilliams11741.
It’s one of only two three cabins built. I’ve toyed with the idea of recombining the master suite and the third cabin to get back to a walk around bed. Not even sure something like that is even possible.

Actually I think that boat is owned by TF member rjwilliams11741.
It’s one of only two three cabins built. I’ve toyed with the idea of recombining the master suite and the third cabin to get back to a walk around bed. Not even sure something like that is even possible.

I think you are correct. Steve must have already sold his.

Ask these and any other questions at the Hatteras Owners Forum at Sam’s marine.com. More Hatteras knowledge there than anywhere else in the world. Very helpful people as well. As far as enlarging the master stateroom there is a thread on just that subject.

Well he said he wanted a project boat...

Did you ever get to inspect the boat in Isleton, CA?

No, I was holding off until my boat sold. Now its listed as sale pending. It was a three cabin, so I would have had to combine two cabins to get a proper master suite.
There is one I really like on the East coast, QA3. They have done everything that I want to do to the boat except the helm., BUT, its on the East coast.
I'm wanting a project boat for two reasons.
1. We want to make it our own. I can do ever thing my self.

2. California Sales tax.
If I were to buy a boat like QA3, I would have to keep it out of California for a year. I am playing with the idea of buying on the east coast and bringing it home on its own bottom, but I would have to do it in stages (I'm still working). Talking to my broker about 21 days at sea, so I would need to do it in at least three stages. Exciting adventure, but lots to think about.

QA3 is a nice looking boat but I understand wanting to make it yours. I'm torn between the Hatteras LRC and the Defever 49 Pilothouse. Since I'm up here in Alaska the east coast is pretty much out of the picture, even from California it's going to be a 2,500 mile cruise. Well good luck in your search and I hope you find what your looking for.

I'm torn between the Hatteras LRC and the Defever 49 Pilothouse. r.

Those are the two at the top of my list. Unfortunately, a lot of the older Defever's, have Teak decks, and I'm NOT going there.

Teak decks and 40 year old fuel tanks are definitely a detractor. But I do like the standup engine room especially on the B model with access from the master suite.

The Ocean Alexander 50 mk1 is not very different from the DeFever 49 RPH.

I purchased the Hatt 48 LRC in Isleton

Hornloaded: yes that boat in Isleton was Mr. William's. Now FREEDOM owns me! After some work in the yard I will be bringing her down to San Diego mid March weather permitting. As a former owner of a 1977 58 EDMY it is fair to question my sanity to buy another older boat but it gets in your blood.
If anyone is interested I will be selling my 1999 Nordic Tugs 32 READY. It is a great boat but we wanted a little more room for extended family. When I pull all the details together will post them.

No, I was holding off until my boat sold. Now its listed as sale pending. It was a three cabin, so I would have had to combine two cabins to get a proper master suite.
There is one I really like on the East coast, QA3. They have done everything that I want to do to the boat except the helm., BUT, its on the East coast.
I'm wanting a project boat for two reasons.
1. We want to make it our own. I can do ever thing my self.

2. California Sales tax.
If I were to buy a boat like QA3, I would have to keep it out of California for a year. I am playing with the idea of buying on the east coast and bringing it home on its own bottom, but I would have to do it in stages (I'm still working). Talking to my broker about 21 days at sea, so I would need to do it in at least three stages. Exciting adventure, but lots to think about.

Congratulations on your new boat. That boat is the reason I put my sailboat up for sale.
I’m working on buying one down here that’s been restored to extremely nice condition. All the hard work has been done. It will need stabilizers installed, but thats about it.

Attachments

• 5E5E8DDB-75BB-4A5D-BA65-E70D5A5994EA.jpeg
    5E5E8DDB-75BB-4A5D-BA65-E70D5A5994EA.jpeg
    18.8 KB · Views: 255
Please feel free to send me a PM and I can give you my cell if you want to talk. Good luck!

I'm sure glad she went to a good home! Just before Christmas I was contemplating making an offer on her but chickened out at the last minute. The broker wanted an offer before I had even seen her in person. I wish you good luck and calm sea's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom