Me presento

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Buenas noches soy claudio de argentina muy felixes pascuas para todos:pulgar:

Ah Brazilian Portuguese Dude - it's Christmas not Easter! :D

Last edited:
A Portuguese Brazilian song by Citrus Sun, for you. Note the language of TF is English(well, American and others, masquerading as English).

Last edited:
Say what??? LOL

Ah Brazilian Portuguese Dude - it's Christmas not Easter! :D

Most definitely Spanish not Portuguese. Pasqua does sound like having to with Easter but then again it could have some Christmas-y meaning that is lost in translation to a non native speaker In any case welcome aboard senor.

Most definitely Spanish not Portuguese. Pasqua does sound like having to with Easter but then again it could have some Christmas-y meaning that is lost in translation to a non native speaker In any case welcome aboard senor.

Yep, saw Argentina and went to Brazil in my head for some weird reason! Or could have been the wine! :D

Navidad = Christmas

Pascuas = Easter

At least that is the way I've always understood it. But then who am I to tell someone they are speaking their native tongue incorrectly. Then again, I suppose it is correct, just way out of season. ;)

Buenas noches soy claudio de argentina muy felixes pascuas para todos:pulgar:

Hey, my mother tongue is Spanish and then English as I came to Canada many years ago. I can translate if you need.

Mi lengua materna es epanol y también inglés puesto que me vine a Canada muchos años atrás y puedo traducir si necesitas algo.

"Pascuas" is used for the Christmas holidays to 3 Kings day Jan 6 (twelfth night) but,
In some places it is used almost exclusively for the Easter Holiday time period, both are correct.
Steve W

Last edited:
Found this:

History of the Word Pascua
The word Pascua, derived from the Hebrew word pesah, and the English cognate or related word, "paschal," both refer to the Jewish Passover, a commemoration of the Israelites' liberation or Exodus from slavery in ancient Egypt more than 3,300 years ago.

Over the centuries, Pascua came to refer to various Christian festival days in general, such as Easter; Christmas; Epiphany, which was the appearance of the Magi traditionally celebrated January 6; and Pentecost, commemorating the dramatic appearance of the Holy Spirit to the early Christians, a day observed seven Sundays after Easter. Whitsun, Whitsunday, or Whitsuntide is the name used in Britain, Ireland and among Anglicans throughout the world, for the Christian festival of Pentecost. In many Spanish-speaking countries, Epiphany is the day when presents are opened, rather than on Christmas.

Although the English term Easter most likely comes from Ēastre, the name given to a goddess celebrated in the spring equinox, in many other languages the term used to designate Easter, the Christian holiday, shares the derivation of the Jewish name for Passover.

The origin of this is that both celebrations occur in the same period and both celebrate a rite of passage, the Jews to the Promised Land and the change from winter to spring.

Use of the Word Pascua Now
Pascua can stand alone to mean any of the Christian holy days or Passover when the context makes its meaning clear.

Often, however, the term Pascua judía is used to refer to Passover and Pascua de Resurrección refers to Easter.

In plural form, Pascuas often refers to the time from Christmas to Epiphany. The phrase "en Pascua" is often used to refer to Easter time or Holy Week, known in Spanish as the Santa Semana, the eight days that begins with Palm Sunday and ends on Easter.

Bienvenido Caludio, tienes un barco o interes en adquirir uno?
Hay mucha informaccion en este sitio.
Steve W.

Welcome Claudio, Do you own a boat or are you interested in acquiring one?
There is lots of information on this site
Steve W

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom