AquaAir condensate pans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BrianSmith

Vessel Name
Smartini
Vessel Make
2002 Kristen 52' Flybridge Trawler
I have the AquaAir system (2002 vintage), with evaporators that look like this. Does anyone know if the condensate catch pans are attached to the rest of the unit, or if the pan is separate, just sitting there under the unit? The drain holes in my pans face aft, and it's impossible to get to them. One of the hoses back there has developed a leak. I would like to lift the units up, flip the condensate pans around so that the drain holes are in the front, for easy access to the drain hoses.

(I put bromide tablets in the pans frequently, so they drain nicely. I just need to be able to get to the plumbing more easily.)

Thanks for any input!

Attachments

• Salon evaporator.jpg
    Salon evaporator.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 50
I have no experience with that unit. But looking at the photo maybe just add a drain on the front end and either leave the aft drain alone or plug it with some putty. Usually the drain pans are attached to the unit and are not able to be turned around.

I have no experience with that unit. But looking at the photo maybe just add a drain on the front end and either leave the aft drain alone or plug it with some putty. Usually the drain pans are attached to the unit and are not able to be turned around.

"Just add a drain to the front." I thought about that, but how? Easy to drill a couple holes, but then what? How would I attach a hose to the holes? It's awfully tight, with a lot of nearby plywood, for any welding. Suggestions welcome!

This may or may not work, but I did a quick search and came up with this on Amazon. It is 1/2” NPT. “Drain Assembly For Drip Tray“. Or something similar.

Here is a photo of it.

Attachments

• 95838BAE-CDD7-453D-9BD0-76BD7D8F31DF.jpeg
    95838BAE-CDD7-453D-9BD0-76BD7D8F31DF.jpeg
    36.7 KB · Views: 41

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom