Did Marine Trader do factory custom designs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jacob

Hello everyone, I just joined the forum. I'm in the process of buying a 34' 1975 Marine Trader. It is most similar to the double cabin model as far as I can tell, but was either made custom by the factory to have a bigger aft cabin or was modified at some point. It looked pretty natural and I didn't see any clear indications that it wasn't always like it is, but I haven't been able to find another one like it. Does anyone recognize the model or know if the company did custom orders that would have such a big design change?

Here's a picture out the outside https://drive.google.com/open?id=1fpckbM_a_4zhQxa0mAYux9gQVtO8KkYx , you can see the the aft cabin goes to both sides of the deck, and that you have to go up a ladder and down another to get to the bow from the stern.

Thanks,
-Jacob

Wow, That's custom alright! Does not look like factory to me, a bit too "boxy". I'.m no M.T. expert , just one boaters opinion.

Please, please, more pictures. Interior and exterior. Looks like you have a big project on your hands.

Good Luck and Welcome Aboard.

pete

Greetings,
Welcome aboard. Nope. Doesn't look like factory to me either ("boxy"). MIGHT be a factory custom job. A one-off perhaps but not too likely IMO.

Welcome aboard. Not factory, some PO did it. It certainly looks like an add on. I would be careful as to how it was done, check it carefully.

Is that a wooden boat with some planks replaced at the waterline ? Or maybe wood sheathed in glass? Unless it is free I wouldn't touch it, probably not even then. Too big of a project.

And how do you get to the lazaret ? Final comment relating to factory or add on. Look at the stanchions and hand rails on the cabin top and fly bridge, Looks to be electrical conduit or Home Depot stuff.

I guarantee the aft cabin leaks.

pete

Greetings,
Mr. J. Hopefully you got a good survey. That should point out any deficiencies. You DID get a survey, I hope...

It was very common to give a hull as a wedding present .

The hull would be finished and if sold would be start of another TT boatyard.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom