Sofas for small places

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Besslb

Guru
Vessel Name
Skinny Dippin'
Vessel Make
Navigator 42'
Hi All!!

I searched and searched and couldn’t find the last thread about small sofas for salons. (Okay, that’s not true, I did find my own old post from 2012 with our previous boat.). At any rate....I continued to search for replacement sofas over the years, as the one in our Navigator has seen way better days. Our challenge is the space for the sofa is limited to 29-30 inches deep to allow for enough air flow for the intake for the air conditioning unit behind the sofa and to not block the step up to the galley/pilot house.

We needed 79Lx29Dx32H. I found it! Zinus.com. Comes in a box, easy assembly, free shipping, 100 day trial, and cheap! $357.00.

We brought it to the boat today and it fits perfect. So far, highly recommend! YMMV

Attachments

• B86A5E01-3AE4-4482-B464-225A9A0D1B7E.jpg
    B86A5E01-3AE4-4482-B464-225A9A0D1B7E.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 60
RV distributor. They have sorts of couches, love seats, sectionals, and love seats that will break down for fitting through narrow doors. We got these pieces through a 20-inch wide door.
Hi All!!

I searched and searched and couldn’t find the last thread about small sofas for salons. (Okay, that’s not true, I did find my own old post from 2012 with our previous boat.). At any rate....I continued to search for replacement sofas over the years, as the one in our Navigator has seen way better days. Our challenge is the space for the sofa is limited to 29-30 inches deep to allow for enough air flow for the intake for the air conditioning unit behind the sofa and to not block the step up to the galley/pilot house.

We needed 79Lx29Dx32H. I found it! Zinus.com. Comes in a box, easy assembly, free shipping, 100 day trial, and cheap! $357.00.

We brought it to the boat today and it fits perfect. So far, highly recommend! YMMV
LoveSeat.jpegSectional.jpeg

RV distributor. They have sorts of couches, love seats, sectionals, and love seats that will break down for fitting through narrow doors. We got these pieces through a 20-inch wide door.View attachment 97299View attachment 97300

True, there are several options out there, just none fit our space for the sofa. The entry door is not our problem, it has been the footprint available. This one does fit and looks pretty good doing it. ?

Wayfair also has many Loveseat type sofas that fit nicely in our saloons - and they come unassembled in a box also, so no issue with doors.

Wayfair also has many Loveseat type sofas that fit nicely in our saloons - and they come unassembled in a box also, so no issue with doors.

Also true! Nothing on Wayfair fit our footprint. Love them! I got all new beach themed bedding from Wayfair!

Living-room furniture seems inconsistent with boating on vessels under 45 feet overall.

European apartments are tiny by our standards and their furniture is much smaller. We found a polish furniture store in Toronto that catered to the tiny (300 - 600sq.ft) condos that are now common here.

This couch has storage underneath and pulls out to a double bed.

Attachments

• 2b (2).gif
    2b (2).gif
    73.4 KB · Views: 207
Last edited:
A topic we struggled with on our last few boats and decided a compromise that has worked out well for us on our current boat. We know what works for us and designed our current boat to meet our requirements. We decided on a built in L Shape sofa then had custom ottomans built which serve multiple purposes. While our salon and galley layout may not work for everyone it works great for us. We definitely would consider free standing furniture on our next boat.

Living-room furniture seems inconsistent with boating on vessels under 45 feet overall.

On boats like ours with no built-ins, we have no choice. Besides, it's very comfortable:thumb: All of the furniture is secured, and never moves, even when we get rocked by some idiot.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom